Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TRAVERSE CITY, MI - Northwestern Michigan College's Automotive Technology Program is hosting the third Annual Mike McIntosh Memorial Classic Car and 4x4 Show from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 8 at NMC's Automotive Technology Building on Aero Park Drive.

The show is named for former NMC Automotive instructor, Mike McIntosh, who retired in 2004 after 34 years of service. McIntosh organized the first car show for the Automotive Program in 2004.

Classic Car and 4x4 owners are invited to enter their vehicles starting at 9 a.m. There is no entry fee. Trophies will be awarded for best of show in each class. Admission is free and the public is invited for food, a silent auction - including program vehicles - and door prizes for entrants. Proceeds will benefit NMC's Automotive Program. Sponsors include Canteen Services.

The Automotive Technology facilities will be open and student projects and vehicles will be displayed. The Michigan Community Blood Center will also be on site with its blood bus for those eligible and willing to donate.

For more information, or to enter, please contact Wayne Moody, NMC Automotive Chair, at (231) 995-1316.

The NMC Automotive Service Technology Program is offered in a series of modules, each designed to teach an individual automotive system. This flexibility allows the more experienced technician to learn a specific system while the beginning technician can combine the modules for a complete course in automotive technology.

Students may pursue an Associate in Applied Science degree, which combines automotive technician classes with liberal arts courses, or work toward a Master Technician Certificate. New this year are two specialized certificates, one in electrical and drivability and another in under car.

(Copied from site^)

I thought I'd make a post about it since 4x4's are welcome to enter. I will be there helping out with others from my class.

If you have nothing going on that day and are in the area, stop by. There were a lot of awesome cars and trucks there last year!

·
Rubber Side Down
267 Posts
I heard about that on the radio, I plan on bringing my truck down, since it only seems to be good for show right now......

·
National Guard guy
1,063 Posts
I would absolutely LOVE to go check that out, since I'm a student there, but I also have military duty that weekend. :(
I'll be sending the GF's brother with a camera, extra batteries, and a 512mb card to fill up. :p

·
National Guard guy
1,063 Posts
All my classes are over at the MTEC, so I dunno.
Print Reading, Basic CAD, Machining 1, and Math for Manufacturing.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All my classes are over at the MTEC, so I dunno.
Print Reading, Basic CAD, Machining 1, and Math for Manufacturing.
Ohh, na we don't have class together then.

As for the most fugly/effective rig... I don't think there is a trophy for haggard rigs.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I am just doing automotive. Right now we are doing manual transmissions and trans axles.

Update:

We got most of the shit ready for Saturday. I almost blew away trying to set up some stupid tent thing.

Word on the street is that there will be a lot of vehicles there, so it should be pretty swell.

·
M-22
690 Posts
I will be there later on today.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I took some phone pics because my camera was dead.:miff:

But there were some pretty rad cars there.

Favorites:

'56 Bel air
'70 something ? Nova
Road Runner
Fairlane
Old white Chevy coupe

Rubicon06, I saw your jeep there and voted for it, did not see you around it though.

·
M-22
690 Posts
Rubicon06, I saw your jeep there and voted for it, did not see you around it though.
Thanks for your vote Grunto. :thumb:

I know my Jeep is not really a show Jeep nor made to be one, but I had fun today and it was for a good cause. I was surprised, there were quite a few nice cars there.

I saw your bike sitting out front.
(I remembered seeing it in a previous post on this site.)
That thing looks very quick! :naughty:

·
National Guard guy
1,063 Posts
I wasn't able to go today because of military obligations, but while I was in Traverse around 5 I saw some guys loading up. Gramp's Toys, I think was the name on the side of the enclosed trailer, and it was a fully restored car from the 20s? 30s?
I also saw a black CJ with headlight plates, lifted with "Black Betty" painted across the back end... Dunno if it was at the show, but I saw it driving down 31.

·
rapid city recovery team
1,049 Posts
yeah defacter finished in the top 10 for the trucks with his bronco.

GOOD JOB GRANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ohhhhh that is who Defacator was...

I had also voted for that Bronco.

There were quite a few really nice restored cars there. The oldest I saw was 1909.

There was a Nash there too with a straight 8 in it. I have never actually seen one before. I overheard the guy saying there were two spark plugs per cylinder or something?:confused:

·
Rubber Side Down
267 Posts
Thanks guys, I didn't even have time to clean it up before i took it in. There were a lot of nice cars there, who has the Jeep with the Ford driveline in it?

Grant

·
Rubber Side Down
267 Posts
There was a Nash there too with a straight 8 in it. I have never actually seen one before. I overheard the guy saying there were two spark plugs per cylinder or something?:confused:
I saw that too, half the plug wires went through the block to the other side, i would hate to screw up the firing order on that one, the Dist cap looked like a jellyfish.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts