Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Not as old as Whiterhino
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who can educate me on Night Vision binoculars?
Basically I know there are Generation 0,1,2,3,4.
Gen 2-4's are $3,000 - $15,000 so I'll limit this question to Gen 1's which are commonly available for under $1000.
Which manufacturer makes the best unit?
Should I get a fixed focus or adjustable?
Single lens or binocular?
What magnification?, 1X thru 5X appears to be available.
Gen 1's are suppose to use image intensifiers but most all appear to utilize some form or IR (Infared illumination) which I thought was only Gen 0 technology.
And recommended units and sources for purchasing.

Thanks to anyone who can help
jim-kb8ymf

·
Not as old as Whiterhino
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i smell a ruby ridge...lol
I do have a 'Charles Manson' in training on one side if me and the 'Bird Lady' from Alcatraz across from me. Two scary neighbors that really wish would just leave.
One was caught drug trafficking but the cops botched the arrest and he got off on a technicality. The other one has terrorized our family for almost 20 years. So, maybe I might need it here too!
jim-kb8ymf

·
Registered
9,864 Posts
I have the monocular , not real impressed with it . I have had it some time and it does light up the night though . Think you can see stars now , ha ha wait until you look at the sky with them toys .

·
Not as old as Whiterhino
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the monocular , not real impressed with it . I have had it some time and it does light up the night though . Think you can see stars now , ha ha wait until you look at the sky with them toys .
Which manufacturer? And Model if you know Marv?
jim-kb8ymf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts