Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm almost 21 and still living at home until I finish school. I have a 17 year old brother, and 13 year old sister. This means that my parents have about 5 years left of kid responsibilities. (Just keep this is mind)...

My mom woke up today and told me she's getting A FEW foster kids. Just tells me while I'm eating lunch like it's no big deal. Like we're getting a new pet or something.

What kind of parents, when almost done being responsible for kids, would want to acquire more?! This is insane. And what in the world is meant my A FEW?! Okay, one is cool... but a few?

Thank god I have half a year left.

·
The Green Machine
4,197 Posts
Obviously parents that like being parents and like raising kids.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, maybe they like kids. I wonder if they think they'll be bored after we're gone? Because they're still young, my ma's 38, my dad 39. Who knows.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You should date skooter_built he lives with his parents too.
Don't hate. There'd be no way I could pay for school and my own place at once. Plus I'm in a relationship.

Maybe she is using it to get you out of the house.
Yeah, right. I'm the MIP of our family. :p

·
GLFWDA VP
4,307 Posts
Sounds like you parents want to offer a good home to some that are less fortunate. Sound like great people to me...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Play on, playette.
This made me LOL in real life. Thanks for that :p

Sounds like you parents want to offer a good home to some that are less fortunate. Sound like great people to me...
You're right. I'm just being a brat. My parents are beyond decent, and they're extremely loving. It's just crazy to me. I never would have thought...

1 - 20 of 103 Posts