Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Gustafson
9,227 Posts
The lack of traction seems to be a common complaint with the r4 tires. A coworker had them on his Kubota and tried using it to clear his driveway, said it kept slipping and sliding.
This mimics what I was going to say about the tires.

I know there is a weight difference between the old and new machine, but I think it's the tires more than anything. The R4 wont rip things to hell, but that being said, they aren't biting like the AG tires you had on the old tractor would. I would say get used to using the diff lock.

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
This mimics what I was going to say about the tires.

I know there is a weight difference between the old and new machine, but I think it's the tires more than anything. The R4 wont rip things to hell, but that being said, they aren't biting like the AG tires you had on the old tractor would. I would say get used to using the diff lock.
Part of me almost regrets not just going with the R14T tires for the increased tractions, but at the time It wasn't what I wanted. Still, every 01 model kubota I see that people have 9 times out of 10 has the R4 tires, so they can't be that bad. I'm hoping it's just the difference in tire; I would think the R4 will have better snow/ice traction than the R1. either way, If I have to use the diff lock more, that's why it's there. Plus If I do get stuck, I would think it wouldn't be as bad as getting stuck with R1s lol

·
Gustafson
9,227 Posts
Part of me almost regrets not just going with the R14T tires for the increased tractions, but at the time It wasn't what I wanted. Still, every 01 model kubota I see that people have 9 times out of 10 has the R4 tires, so they can't be that bad. I'm hoping it's just the difference in tire; I would think the R4 will have better snow/ice traction than the R1. either way, If I have to use the diff lock more, that's why it's there. Plus If I do get stuck, I would think it wouldn't be as bad as getting stuck with R1s lol
Hahaha, good point.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts