Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got it up and running. Went with a rotary phase converter....isn't that loud really.

Milling Gas Engineering Machine tool Machine

Made a r8 collet holder that bolts to the neck.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Engineering Gas

Got tired of hand cranking the X-axis and not wanting to spend the money for a powerfeed..... had some billet laying around so turned it on the lathe, milled a keyway slot, and welded up a section to chuck in the drill. I plan to just cut the nub off that goes into the drill and stick a bolt through and chuck to that..... the aluminum is getting chewed up from the drill.

Cylinder Machine tool Auto part Gas Wood

Gas Machine Engineering Auto part Composite material

Machine tool Wood Gas Tool Machine

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Nice addition to the shop. Just need to figure out how to use it and get some tooling.

I have a smaller lathe and its amazing what you can do. Has came in clutch that would have me order special spacers and such and keep me from finishing a job on a saturday.

Bought a cheap Halo light LED ring.

3d printed a holder with PETG (looks like printer needs to be re-calibrated to print better...good enough for this). BAM! Cheap spindle light.

Tire Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle tire

Hand Automotive tire Wood Finger Coil

Automotive tire Tire Finger Wrist Rim

Milling Jig grinder Machine tool Gas Tool

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Bridgeport, 16”x54” lathe, and two drill presses I recently acquired for in my new shop I built. Still need to learn a lot about the lathe and the Bridgeport. Been many years since I had my hands on either. Kind of like starting all over. I used a rotary phase converter and ran outlets for each of the machines. Pretty much turn the phase converter on and use whichever machine I need.
Where did you get your spindle halo light?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts