Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been looking for one of these trucks for years now, unbeknownst to me this little guy was stored in a garage the next road over from me for the past 12 years.

It is a 1984 Suzuki SJ410K all original, it does have some rust as you can see from the pictures but still very much rebuildable/salvageable, the fuel tank is in pretty good shape which is rare, it has the original jack and tool kit in it and even has the original window sticker with fuel economy etc on it.

I already purchased some 1983 Toyota Mini truck axles for it.

Plans are:
Toyota Axle Swap with lockers
YJ leaf springs
33-35" tires
VW TDI engine with automatic transmission(not sure what transmission to go with just yet..)
Custom Aluminum Dump Bed with Scissor lift functionality.
Build out a camping module that can easily be put in/out of the truck with my loader that will have stove, fridge, RTT etc.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive tire Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Window
Plant Car Plant community Vehicle Motor vehicle
Car Plant Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all, and yeah Samurai stuff has become gold.

As for seeing them in the wild tbh this one was the first one I have seen in person myself as well, had to have it.. she is a tight fit for myself but I should be able to make it work.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well let me know what you decide to do, I'm not afraid of doing the metal work to fix it up. I have quite the horde of Suzuki parts too if you need anything brought over.
Sounds good, I will keep you posted. TBH I am a slow builder and usually horde parts until I know for sure I wont be using/needing them. So it unfortunately might be sometime before I know for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts