Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 4 months of actively looking...I finally found a job! It's a Network Admin position for company in Saginaw, where I'll be managing 800 user accounts & lots & lots of computers.

So a word to all the job hunters, there are jobs out there, they just take time to find. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Congrats will you be moving to Sagnasty?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats will you be moving to Sagnasty?
Nope. My mom lives about 45 minutes away from the office, so I'll just commute every day. My Dad worked at Delphi on M-46, which is kiddy corner to where I'll be working, and he made the 45 minute trip every day for 33 years. My brother has done it for 5 years. I commuted from here to Delta (in Saginaw), 45 minutes, for a couple years before transferring to MSU. When you live in the middle of nowhere, you get use to driving a ways to get to any given destination.
I want to bank up money and pay off bills then buy a house in Reese or Frankenmuth area...as long as it's in the country on a side road with no neighbors within a mile. :sonicjay:

Congrats.

Want to buy my house? :sonicjay:
See above. I don't think your house is in the middle of nowhere surrounded by farm fields. :sonicjay:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I start Monday, August 18th.
The thing that made uneasy about the job was that they use AS/400 systems. Every server, from my knowledge, is an AS/400 server and they run Lotus Notes & Domino databases. I've never worked with AS/400 systems, but I heard that they are much better than a windows based server. When they crash, it is a known cause or a network problem...not like a windows server where you may never know why it crashed.

·
Captain of my pants
4,159 Posts
congradulations :)

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
Is it at XO Communications? I know a few people there.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is it at XO Communications? I know a few people there.
No. It's at Duro-Last Roofing. XO is is on Bay Rd towards Zilwaukee?? I had a buddy Justin that use to work there. Haven't talked to him since he got married a few years ago. :sonicjay:
Anybody heard anything about Duro-Last?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts