Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shawn, you called it.

I decided that my CJ only gets driven twice a year and so I bought a new 4-door today. Flame red. Sunrider softop with full doors. Automatic. 4.10 gears. 3" BDS lift installed by a 4x shop near the dealer. It had 35" BFGs on it, but I had them remove them and give me $3400 off the price because the wheels were 20". I'll use less money than that to buy some decent off-road wheels next week. No EC pricing available yet for the 4-doors, but I picked this one up for $24K including the lift and some nerf bar running boards for the wife.

Now with pics. Bet this could beat the H3 as it sits.........:sonicjay: I mean look how much room I have in the wheel wells for articulation.

PS., 35" BFG-MT on Procomp 1023 rims to come this week.

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
nice rig. I have beat the shit out of them and they just come back for more.

as beating marv...

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
nice rig. I have beat the shit out of them and they just come back for more.

as beating marv...
x2 they can take alot.

·
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
10,939 Posts
I knew it! :sonicjay:

Jeff, for you, that is a wise descision, and I am sure your whole family will enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
it looks funny with the little baby tires on it.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stock tires and rims. 3" BDS lift. I like it that way. Get's people looking at me, and life is all about having people look at me.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Stock tires and rims. 3" BDS lift. I like it that way. Get's people looking at me, and life is all about having people look at me.
haha...with that attitude, you should have kept the dubs and ordered a chrome door handle kit.

nice new ride man, are you going with 35s?

·
825 Posts
Looks a bit familiar. I have the same color 2" BDS lift with 33" on it. Just dropped it off @ JCR yesterday for front & rear bumpers & sliders.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
eh the CJ is way better... The JK i drove had no power. I have been reading JF more lately, there are guys on 42's DD their rigs out there in MO, don't see why the CJ wouldn't have passed.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3943476&postcount=8

Good luck with the new rig though :thumb:
It's not MO in general that made the JK a better choice, it was the traffic in the greater St. Louis area. This place is jammed with people. It takes me 30+ minutes to drive 15 miles to work each day. It is all stop and go, even on the highway. Not fun in a 7' tall CJ.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts