Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been floating around here for a couple of months and figured its my turn to say hello. My name is nick and my old pile of parts is the scrapiron screamer, kinda just an old joke my wheeling buddy's started when I first got the junk running. She's a 78' f-150 with the ranger xlt and explorer packages but all the parts that made it both of those are long gone... But I kept the sweet badges! Its running the original 400 but I rebuilt it and added some go fast goodies like a .510 lift cam, flat top pistons to bring the compression up from a lousy 8.5 to 1 to 10 to 1. As some of you guys know 400's have pretty much the same heads as 351c with the 2 inch intake and 1.6 inch exhaust valves so I just cleaned them up and took the nipple out of the exhaust side so they would breath better, not sure it makes a huge difference but I feel better haha. And last but not least I threw a worked over 500cfm holley 2bbl on it and for what it is I'm happy. The only thing I want know is 2.5t Rockwell's to handle the tires better.... And maybe a go baby go button and bottle!
Well this is what she looked like a couple years ago and then now.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
O don't get me wrong I'm always ready for someone to give me and my truck a little hell. I'm the only guy around this neck of the woods with 4 link so I get a lot of hell haha

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Leaf spring cowboys I call em, I don't care what people say but my crap flaots compared to 20 inch lift leaves! Rode in a leaf truck once at a mud run and never again!

·
FORMER BULLET CATCHER
10,279 Posts
Oh hey

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well hello!
No kidding there! Can't stay in the seat and if the guy is nuts... Call your own ambulance to meet you when its over.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts