Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My folks have always wanted a cruiser after they got rid of their cuddy cabin back in 99. Finally, the stars aligned and I convinced them that we needed a floating family cottage. After searching for a couple years for the right one, and pooling our resources, this one is practically falling into our possession. Survey was Fri/Sat, Dropped it in the water today, mechanical inspection tomorrow, lake test Thursday.

87 Cruisers 3370 Esprit. LOA 35'8'' Beam 11'6
Twin 454 inboards
AC/Heat, auto pilot, radar, GPS Plotter, Windlass, all new camper top, new appolstry, wood floors, 2 showers, 2 refrigerators, 3 beds.
:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! 1st I have to figure out how thirsty twin big blocks are going to be pushing 12000 pounds through the water. It's 300 gallons to fill the fuel tanks. :(

·
Registered
525 Posts
Our old 53' boat would get almost 1 mile to the gallon if we kept it slow. Took about 900 gallons to fill it up. There is a reason many boats never leave the marina.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Thanks! 1st I have to figure out how thirsty twin big blocks are going to be pushing 12000 pounds through the water. It's 300 gallons to fill the fuel tanks. :(
My old boat was 32' twin 454's and she got about 2 gallons to the mile. But I stayed in the throttle most of the time.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have twin small block Crusaders in a 30' 86 Searay..........they ALL seem to get 1 to 1/2 MPG once you have twin inboards with straight drives.
Thats based on cruising the Great Lakes and fishing on the 30 for the past 20 years.........

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, at least it's miles per gallon VS Gallons per mile. :sonicjay:

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,101 Posts
Congrats. You have now entered the first of the 2 happiest days of a boat owner. :sonicjay: Hope you enjoy it.

We have always been inland lake boaters. A little easier on the gas bill.....

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, you can :naughty: It has an electric head. (toilet for you land lubbars).. Har har har. :sonicjay:

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But the party is in the channel ....
Actually TJ, I just remembered.. I won't even be on the boat.. I'll have better seats. Arguably, the best you can get. I'll be on the hill. :naughty::naughty: Really good chance I'll be sleeping on the boat that night. You have to go through the marina to get up there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts