Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GeoDude
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a old co-worker fall on hard times and I now own 3 flotation devices. I bought all three just for this one though. It's a 12 footer from what I'm told. Can't wait to get it out.

I need to invest in a set of paddles. Any recommendations? I'm a fan of the all wood style.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
That's what he said. Hell if I know. I will take a tape to them once I get back over for the john boat.

If you wanted it like it happy that's all that matters. I just thought that seemed small for a canoe. If it is, it's different and that's OK.
We still need open water to paddle, below zero again forecasted for tonight.:(.

·
Wasn't this attached?
4,125 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,102 Posts
Actually the fins and rudder swing up for shallow water paddling. Come on over. Bring rum and mango juice. :d:

·
Wasn't this attached?
4,125 Posts
Actually the fins and rudder swing up for shallow water paddling. Come on over. Bring rum and mango juice. :d:
In! When the water warms up.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,102 Posts
Picked up our new Oasis today and took it out for the maiden voyage. Way cool! More comfortable than I expected and the Mirage fins really move it along. Very happy with the purchase. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Picked up our new Oasis today and took it out for the maiden voyage. Way cool! More comfortable than I expected and the Mirage fins really move it along. Very happy with the purchase. :thumb:
That's great, glad you like it.
That one spring I paddled in March! (In nice 80* weather)
Our rivers are at flood stage, lakes are cold still. Rivers are lowering, some you might be allowed on. Wish I could get out today, to see if I could paddle. But know one is going:(.
Don't think I'll try to get out until May.
Still searching for someone to paddle with.

·
GeoDude
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Took this thing out on the lake today and didn't sink so that was nice. My son enjoyed his new life jacket and being on the water. (he is 3) Don't have any oars yet so we used our kayak paddles but it is what it is. And on the plus side this is my free canoe. Sold the jon boat for $28 more than what I paid for the package. Hoppy Easter all

1 - 18 of 18 Posts