Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
who has seen the pics.. they dont all to special to me as i heard that krawlers suck in the mud??? i see that they got more cutting edges grooved into them plus they ar emaking them up to 42 inch tire.....

what do yall think of the new tread?

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no body else has seen them?

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,266 Posts
phishboy's back..... lol

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,734 Posts
who has seen the pics.. they dont all to special to me as i heard that krawlers suck in the mud??? i see that they got more cutting edges grooved into them plus they ar emaking them up to 42 inch tire.....

what do yall think of the new tread?

Aside from the name, I can't imagine these selling well. But I guess if they put these out will they get rid of the crawlers?

Don't worry Phishboy I'm with ya. I think FF should go to AA.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im jsut curious as to how they will last compared to the crawlers... crawlers are such a soft rubber they the dont last very long from everything i have read... i havent seen any specs for this tire yet as for ratios or sizes out there... i know they are making them in a 15,16,17 rim

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,734 Posts
I imagine that they'll make it out of the same compound the current MT is made out of for tread life. That tire is gonna suck shit on the road IMHO

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im curious to see how they run for price wise... id try a set out and if they dont handle well i will dump them to a crawler that wants a strong compound...

·
Registered
662 Posts

Krawlers only "suck" in the mud because they are compared to the other "extreme" tires like swampers. They will do as good or better than any normal MT in the mud.

Krawlers do get decent tread life. They have multiple compunds though and the competition ones that many people run do wear extremely fast. The Blue labels which are for street use aren't anywhere near as soft and will wear better.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
I imagine that they'll make it out of the same compound the current MT is made out of for tread life. That tire is gonna suck shit on the road IMHO
I don't like BFG... but I HIGHLY doubt they are going to suck on the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts