Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Take care of your employees and customers and profits will come." That's one of their mission statements. It's more like underpay and overwork your employees to squeeze every last cent out of customers and profits will come. This company didn't become successful for great customer service like they claim. They got where they are by being able to have a great strategy in controlling expenses.

I basically got fucked over by this company as an employee. I signed up for a summer internship which was a requirement for my Automotive and Heavy Equipment Management degree. My pay was $8 an hour, which was $17 less an hour than I was making as a mechanic last year.

I busted my ass for this company, running the branch office for practically a whole month as a 1.5 month old employee by myself. No recognition whatsoever for doing so.

Now, my formal internship is over with as of last Friday. I was asked if I was continuing through the school year part time or not. I said no, because of having way to much to do for the semester, but would continue working until the 24th. That was my nail in the coffin because to them it meant, "After August 10th I'm expendable."

So I got a call tonight from my fat fuck of a manager saying my employment was over with due to personnel expenses. How lovely.

So please, think of my sorry ass next time you go to rent a car and choose someone else other than Enterlies.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
That sucks.

At the dealer I worked for we used only used enterprise. Never had a problem other than them taking forever to get us a car.

But as I said, that sucks.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
I seem to remember posting about Enterprise and their so-called management trainee program. They are notorius for promising the world, then delivering nothing but the sewer. Now go get a real job.

·
Pew pew!
18,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I seem to remember posting about Enterprise and their so-called management trainee program. They are notorius for promising the world, then delivering nothing but the sewer. Now go get a real job.
I definitely plan on it this December when I graduate. That post you remember was made by me.

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
During the spring of 2006, while between Jeeps, I was renting cars all the time...and I always picked Enterprise...not only because they would pick me up, but because they were a great company to rent from. Super low rates and very friendly employees. Not to mention a lot of hot young girls working for them. The manager at the Royal Oak/Woodward branch had a smoking hot body (I loved the tight dress pants).

I never had a problem with them. The next time I rent it will probably be from them.

I will make sure not to get a job there. (maybe a blowjob??)

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
I just remembered that I need a car next weekend, so I stopped by the Enterprise website. $20.00 for 1 day for a full size vehicle.....so I did this:

Thank you, Frank. Your reservation is complete.

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
"Take care of your employees and customers and profits will come." That's one of their mission statements. It's more like underpay and overwork your employees to squeeze every last cent out of customers and profits will come. This company didn't become successful for great customer service like they claim. They got where they are by being able to have a great strategy in controlling expenses.

I basically got fucked over by this company as an employee. I signed up for a summer internship which was a requirement for my Automotive and Heavy Equipment Management degree. My pay was $8 an hour, which was $17 less an hour than I was making as a mechanic last year.

I busted my ass for this company, running the branch office for practically a whole month as a 1.5 month old employee by myself. No recognition whatsoever for doing so.

Now, my formal internship is over with as of last Friday. I was asked if I was continuing through the school year part time or not. I said no, because of having way to much to do for the semester, but would continue working until the 24th. That was my nail in the coffin because to them it meant, "After August 10th I'm expendable."

So I got a call tonight from my fat fuck of a manager saying my employment was over with due to personnel expenses. How lovely.

So please, think of my sorry ass next time you go to rent a car and choose someone else other than Enterlies.

Wow, welcome to the real world. They aren't the only ones out there like this.

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
BS! Whos cock do you have to suck for that price?
You may resort to sucking a cock to save a few bucks, but I prefer to use their website.

Punch in a rental from the Royal Oak/Woodward location from August 17-September 17th. The price for an economy and compact are the same- $495 for the month. Just over $600 with taxes. Works out to $20/day.

It's more expensive if you rent from the airport locations. :miff:

·
I was born in the desert
1,719 Posts
The link I posted got messed up. They want 98.00 for two days and that's with me picking it up a mile away. That's for a full size as you posted above. Its 35 a day for a economy. Maybe Wayne county costs more??

·
Me balls are huge
2,543 Posts
The link I posted got messed up. They want 98.00 for two days and thats with me picking it up a mile away. Thats for a full size as you posted above.
It all depends on what days you need it, and what their supply is for that day. If they have 2 cars left, you're gonna pay the big bucks. If they have 100 cars they give them away for a few bucks a day.

I rented a compact from them for 3 days (fri/sat/sun) as low as $13.00/day for an Aveo/Cobalt.

I rented an PT Cruiser in Ft. Lauderdale for $20/day. We used it to get from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to the the Miami Cruise docks, and rented another one to get back for about $5 more. It was cheaper than taking the shuttle busses.

They are much cheaper on the weekends, too.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts