Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know where to turn to for this question. I used to be a member on HPmuseum forums but apparently my account is gone and they won't let me register without a paid activation e-mail.
Anyway. I just bought an HP 50g graphing calculator for school. I'd like to know how it holds up to say, the TI-92 calculator.
I was looking for a TI-92 because I used the flash ROM on my computer a lot with it, and liked how it was, but of course no stores have it or the Voyage 200 from what I checked.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured these responses. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where I could find info on which is better then? I know it's a longshot but I have searched Google (not very good but still) and can't find any calculator forums.
It's 50g (name) although it does have 2MB flash ROM, 512 KB RAM memory, and a SD card slot which allows for up to 2 gigs more memory. Also has infared, USB and serial connectivity, abilities to write equations, etc.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
My Daughter will be here tonight, she is a lab tech. and uses them all the time I will ask her for ya.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everyone I know has an 89, works well. Oh well, this HP calculator is seeming to work fine. Now I just have to read the 300 page or so book on how to use it...

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This looks like the one my dad gave me. Unfortunately it won't power on. I changed the batteries with the correct ones and it still won't turn on.

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Ti89 Ftw!!!
You mean Ti89 Titanium FTW!!! :woot: Pretty much has notepad, excel, accounting and calculus software and a shit load of other stuff on it, not to mention all the EE stuff! :rock:

·
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
5,070 Posts
You mean Ti89 Titanium FTW!!! :woot: Pretty much has notepad, excel, accounting and calculus software and a shit load of other stuff on it, not to mention all the EE stuff! :rock:
I concur.

One of the KU professors told everyone that they'd never be able to pass his class without an HP calculator.

I went and bought a TI-89 Titanium, and my buddy bought an HP 50whatevertheheck.

I passed the class with a 96% (the 89 was very easy to use [especially because I'm used to the 86]), and my buddy's HP was stuck in some menu for 9 months and wouldn't let him exit.

...Again...TI-89 Titanium FTW!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts