Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After waiting nearly 3 years I've given up on waiting for my fathers back to be well enough to finish our Jeep project. Now I just want to get it on the road. It needs the front axle installed. The axle is a Dana 44 and came out of a YJ already. I have also converted to shackle reversal at the same time. Problem is the last 2 times I tried to start bolting it up the measurements are off. I dont want to have it tracking crooked down the road.

SOOOO. Im looking for a few guys/gals who have done this before to halp me install the axle/suspension. I will have a buddy there who can weld, and all the tools including the welder, pizza, beer etc. I am willing to pay or trade for your help.

I will be available most any time you are. Its located in Clinton Twp. near 14 mile and Gratiot.

PM me if you think you can help

Thanks Derek

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
5,662 Posts
so you need front axle installed... are you going SOA or staying SUA? Are the brackets allready welded to the axle?

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
If it was already in a YJ, what's the problem?

The only thing you changed is the shackle reversal? Still spring under axle?

I am available to come take a look whenever you plan to have people over. You should be able to just bolt it all in if it came out of a YJ and is going in a YJ.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it was already in a YJ, what's the problem?

The only thing you changed is the shackle reversal? Still spring under axle?

I am available to come take a look whenever you plan to have people over. You should be able to just bolt it all in if it came out of a YJ and is going in a YJ.
I agree... its staying sua. When I bolt it up and measure from side to side its off 3/4" I cannot find where this is. I also need to weld in the rear shackle mounts to the frame. I have an idea where about to mount but not positive. I know you need the shackles to be at a certain degree.

This should be easy but its been nothing but a headache

1 - 6 of 6 Posts