Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my JVC camcorder. Whats a good, non expensive brand? I see Sunpak sells the glass UV filter on amazon for $9.50. However I'm unable to find a polarized filter from them.

I do not want a cheap china brand...but don't want to spend $30.

This will be used for filming at Silver Lake and other off-road events. Its non HD if that matters.

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
You will probably need a circular polaizer for your camera, not a linear one. Not sure about video cameras, but dSLR's and stuff with auto focus and auto meter need them, do to the way the camera works internally. They are more expensive also. IMHO a UV is a UV, unless you are shooting high end shots with a high end camera, if you can find it in that size go for it. Amazon has them cheap. I use Tiffen and Sunpak on my dSLR. Also ive heard not to stack a polarizer on top of any other filter, so i would suggest not using both at the same time.

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just going to ask which order you stack them in haha.

The ones I have seen on amazon in the polarized said for camcorders..... but I didn't see if they said linear or circular. I guess I'll have to check.

:edit: They just say jvc camera.....which i'm sure is photo

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
I believe in your first post you said "I do not want a cheap china brand...but don't want to spend $30..." Well that would be your cheap china brand. It doesn't even have a brand name listed. :sonicjay: I guess like i said above, it depends on what your lookin to do. Doesn't sound like ur gunna be shooting a silver screen movies any time soon, id say settle for a cheap UV and a decent polarizer. I assume u dont plan on using the polarizer all the time right?

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
I would suggest going with B&H. They have great customer service from what i've heard and are pretty well known. As far as HOYA, they've been around forever and make a decent product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.