Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a 93 nissan altima i need to move from rockford on belding road right next to pando to comstock park. distance is 13.3 miles according to google. tuesday, thursday, or friday nights at about 5:30 or saturday before 1pm would work best, might be able to do it other times if nothing else works. i might have a truck i can use to tow, so i at least need a trailer with all tie downs and a puller of some kind to get it on the trailer, the motor is dead due to the previous owner losing a timing chain. a dolly would be plenty for this application.

i will pay for gas money, plus a little. if nothing else, i may just go rent a dolly from a local rent-all for 40 bucks, but i'd rather not.

needs to be moved by July 28th at 1pm.

i can be reached at 616.446.2605 anytime, leave a message if i can't pick it up.
-dave

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've thought about it, but given that it's not yet in my name until i do some engine work on the current owner's other car, i'd rather not worry about getting pulled over and messing with all that.

·
Fancy Lady
3,211 Posts
Call Great Lakes Heavy Haul. 616-530-1800. :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

That's what I do.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the idea is to save spend as little as possible, and i'd rather give it to someone here than a company that has overhead to deal with...

·
Simplify...
8,163 Posts
David - You should just buy a dolly. Based on your track record, you'd get your money out of it. :thumb:

Craig

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
believe me, i would if i could afford it at a given point...so far i've moved 1 nissan and 2 trucks, this would make the 2nd car.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
last call, need to get it out this weekend!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
two concerns are: don't know how good brakes are, it's been sitting awhile and no power assist, and it has a flat tire at the moment. the third concern is i only have a short strap.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea but in holland? by the time i went down and got it, drove to rockford, picked up the car, dropped it off, then dropped off the trailer, would i have the time and would it be worthwhile? besides, i may have a dual axle trailer to use now...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
...from rockford on belding road right next to pando to comstock park.
it's not at my house, it's at a shop where the previous owner had it diagnosed, and it's going to my parents because they have a garage and i have an apartment, which is in grand rapids. jenison, however, may work...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts