Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
******* Excavator
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
I have been working on my cj3b for about 3 weeks trying to get the carb figured out. Looked around a bit before looking at the carb and for $40 I could get a rebuild kit and for $140 I could get a new carb. So Ordered the carb. Got it and it would mount but would not get a linkage hooked up.
So I called and we talked. Sounds like I have a CJ3A motor in my Cj3b :confused: He mails me a different carb and I mail that one back. Got the new one out today and it would not even mount onto the manifold :-(.
On the phone again. He asks for photos and I sent them tonight. We talk some more and I start looking at my old carb. It says Zenith on it. He is like that is not right willys were never made with a zenith carb on them.

I swear I always buy the most F'ed up stuff.
Thanks for listening

·
******* Excavator
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything I have says L-134 Flathead but who knows what the deal is. The carb I have now for the guys should fit if that is the motor I have or the manifold is different or something

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
I think Zenith made carbs for the military engines. Maybe you have an old military Jeep, or someone stuck the carb off of one on yours.

What kind of carb are you putting on it? I got the Solex for my CJ2A, it made a world of difference.

·
******* Excavator
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tryin for a solex but have ordered one for a cj3b and did not work then a cj3a because we thought we had a different motor. In which I am sure I do. and sill did not work

·
******* Excavator
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the bolts on mine run from left to right not front to back like yours does...interesting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts