Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
42,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to fit some bigger shoes under the WJ, and I'm planning on just putting on a 2" BB. I'm going to put on some bling bling rims, but I need to know what is the biggest tires I can comfortably fit under it after the bb is done.

thanks

·
M-22
690 Posts
30s would probably be best.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
31's, but they will rub a little bit at full lock

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
I would not fuck with it. My Yukon was not that comfortable with the 20's on it...you start fucking with it, it loses its comfort

42,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would not fuck with it. My Yukon was not that comfortable with the 20's on it...you start fucking with it, it loses its comfort
If I can fit 31" tires, that means I can run 20" rims, and still have some non-low profile tires.

What size tires were on the yukon?

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
Do a body lift, but be careful of your transmission. I read somewhere that some poor sob was denied transmission warranty work because the body lift messed everything up.

·
Banned
20,292 Posts

·
The southern gal
1,571 Posts
Hey CC, where did you buy your budget boost? I've been looking for them but wasn't sure where to purchase. Yep, I'm going to lift the WJ since I officially own it now, bought it off the lease.

·
Don't poke the Bear!
417 Posts
I just did a 2" RE BB on mine and put 245/75/16 MTRs on it (thanks xjmichigan)
They look good under it and I don't have any rubbing when I turn the tires.
I haven't flexed it yet but I did put on the bump stop extenstions.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,803 Posts
Awesome chart! Thank you.

It will never see the trails, so I'm not worried about rubbing at full compression. I just want to make it look non-wussy!
In that case go with a 265/75/16 and a 2.5 BB from Kevin's. You shouldn't need shocks till they wear out and you probably won't need to worry about bumpstops till you decide that the curbs in the mall might be too high.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts