Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I need some help with my new iPhone and who better to turn to than my local online 4x4 forum?

Does anybody here know how to increase the volume for telephone calls? (for when I am holding it up to my ear)

·
Premium Member
42,949 Posts
once the headset is pushed against your ear, the display goes dark. Try it, the sensor is right above the ear piece. If you block it off (i'm sure its a photocell) with your hand, you will see the screen go black.

As soon as it is dark, the side buttons then alter the volume of the headset, and not the ringer volume.

·
Premium Member
42,949 Posts
Thanks... that seems to have worked. (The volume is still not as loud as my Palm was but it is audible)
When you crack your phone, and you have cydia and the app store, you can then go to cydia and download volume boost 2.2. It's under the iclarified repository

Fricken insane.. You will end up keeping your headset volume at 10-15% because of how loud it makes the speaker.

btw, cydia = free app store programs that are from the same developers who sell their junk to the appstore

·
Registered
664 Posts
When you crack your phone, and you have cydia and the app store, you can then go to cydia and download volume boost 2.2. It's under the iclarified repository

Fricken insane.. You will end up keeping your headset volume at 10-15% because of how loud it makes the speaker.

btw, cydia = free app store programs that are from the same developers who sell their junk to the appstore
didnt do much for me.....

The thing I hate is how low the speakerphone volume is, you cant even hear it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.