Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,i am working on an 89' Bronco II and the master cyclinder was leaking from the area that goes to the brake booster.I pulled it apart and i found a bunch of gunk and no gasket.Is there suppose to be one? Can anyone tell me from the pics below what i need to do? Thanks,Trav

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
:confused:

You were told what to do, what you don't like the answer to will ttt it until someone posts what you want to hear?

There's nothing to seal there. You need a new master cyl if its leaking there.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well,i replaced the master cylinder and it is still leaking from the same spot.What should i do now?Trav

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry all i had was my cell phone cam.Anyone have any idea what i need to do to fix it?
Trav

·
Feel lucky?
5,147 Posts
Replace master cylinder. Bleed brakes. Remove sand from vagina.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again,but is there a chance it has to do with the booster? I just dont see how another new master cylinder will fix it. Trav

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It was a new one.I got one for a full size Bronco with a 351 instead of a Bronco II one because they are interchangable,and the one for the 351 is better and cheaper. Trav

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok,so i think i am going to return the new master cylinder i got and get one for manual brakes.I will then remove the brake booster (i think its bad) and hookup the manual mc to the pedal.What r ur ideas on that? Trav

1 - 20 of 25 Posts