Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone wants to make a few bucks my mother-in-law needs a gas dryer hooked up it has the gas line coming up through the floor already. She lives at the condo's south of Elizabeth Lake Road on the west side of Williams Lake Road. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
the line is already there? Then just go to the big box store get a flex line and some gas pipe tape and put it together. or am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the line is already there? Then just go to the big box store get a flex line and some gas pipe tape and put it together. or am I missing something?
You may not be missing anything, I'm just not sure what I'm doing. I thought you'd need copper pipe and a soddering tool or somthing like that. My dryer's electric.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
You may not be missing anything, I'm just not sure what I'm doing. I thought you'd need copper pipe and a soddering tool or somthing like that. My dryer's electric.
if your dryer is electric you need to get electrical done not a plumber for gas. IE gas dryer runs on gas electric dryer runs on electric. Is there a BIG plug or just a little one like your TV?

·
#@%$!*&$#@*
2,774 Posts
if your dryer is electric you need to get electrical done not a plumber for gas. IE gas dryer runs on gas electric dryer runs on electric. Is there a BIG plug or just a little one like your TV?
I hope you're joking, and just purposely didn't read the first post.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I was saying my Dryer is electric that's why I don't know how to hook up my Mother in Law's Gas dryer.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
No, I was saying my Dryer is electric that's why I don't know how to hook up my Mother in Law's Gas dryer.
ok got you. If the line is there then it is as easy as I said. I can show you when do you need it done by?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok got you. If the line is there then it is as easy as I said. I can show you when do you need it done by?
She said she's going to get a new one after work tomorrow so not sure yet, but I don't want you to have to drive all the way from Sterling Heights, let me see if anyone else more local can help. :thumb:

·
Dont Feed the Cyco
17,302 Posts
It is way easier than you think.

Just go to Lowes on Maple. Tell them you need the flex tube to hook up a gas dryer. Also get the Pipe Joint Compound/Dope with Teflon. I like it better than the tape.

Depends on when she gets it I live right down the road. If I have time I can swing by.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts