Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OSHE regulations prohibit using power strips for any appliance that exceeds the amperage draw for that power strip (I agree).

If an power strip states it is rated for 15A, then is that considered total for the whole strip, or is that per-outlet of the power strip?

I came into work today to find a supervisor who dislikes me unplugged the fridge in my office. It is a tiny 4.4 cubic foot appliance.

He left a note:

I have unplugged this refrigerator from the power strip due to OSHE regulations. If you wish to use this, you must plug it into a wall socket or outlet.

Sincerely,

Little Girl.

I did my research and found that they are permitted if they draw less than the rated amps for that power strip.

I am now awaiting to see if this knucklehead is going to try to do math and outwit me.

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good. With that info I will now find the supervisor that left the note and rape him with the power strip.

·
U-Joints Fear Me
3,361 Posts
The entire strip is rated 15 amps, and there is probably a circuit breaker built right in, as most now have them. If its in a commercial building the branch circuit it was plugged into was most likely 20 amps. If the fridge was running correctly on the strip it was not drawing more than 15 amps, not to mention, a household fridge doesn't even draw that much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.