Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mr. Special Snowflake.
13,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about creating a web site for my moms side of the family, and the reunion they have every year. I want to be able to post information about the reunion, maybe a small message board for discussing the reunion and posting other family information and pictures, and I plan to make some pages containing family history and old photos.

I don't expect it to have much traffic, if I get 100 users I'd be shocked. I just want a place on the web to organize this information and make it avalible to others in the family.

I know how to make the pages and all that, but I know very little about the hosting part.

I see people selling hosting with x gb's of storage and y gb's of bandwidth but I don't have any real feel for just how much stuff those numbers represent.

can anyone put those numbers into some real terms that I can understand (like how many pages of text and typical sizes photos, and how much of those recourses a forum uses)

I'm not to sensitive about price but I don't want to go broke doing this. Also, since I'm not running a business I'm not overly worried about down time, but I'd like it to be fairly easy to use so it doesn't take up to much of my time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
godaddy is cheap to register a domain too. Oh, I heard through the grapevine clarkstoncracker hosts a ton of small websites for people for free.

·
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
8,589 Posts
emm Godaddy sucks their servers are in AZ in witch takes forever to load at times.I would go with something local and I heard through the grapevine clarkstoncracker hosts a ton of small websites for people for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.