Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i took my fj80 to a garage to have the exhaust redone... i told 3 people how i wanted it done (new from the downpipe back with 1 cat). i stopped by to check it out today (the garage is closed but my truck was outside UNLOCKED) and it looks like shit. i mean shit. there is 1 old cat, 1 new cat (they said they would only use 1) the pipe between the muffler and cat is still original, the muffler is not a flow master like i asked and the bends on the tailpipe look like they were done with a sledgehammer. what are my options? tell them to redo it? what if they refuse? or charge me way more? say i won't pay for it? go to court? any advice would be greatly appreciated before i go down there tomorrow and see the idiots.
:(

·
the ocean called
10,281 Posts
Did anyone write down a list of what you wanted? If I were you, and it was as bad as you make it out to be, I wouldn't pay for it until they do it as you originally wanted it. Before you go in there and start bitching right away, play dumb and see what they have to say first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't know if they took notes or not. I'm wondering what i can do if they refuse to redo it? upper decker is definitely a good choice either way. i think they should redo it, if not just charge me for parts (which they charge 2x retail) but i doubt that will happen.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You are the customer.. If they did not do it as you requested, and you are not happy with it, you can make them undo the work they did. You then find a differentiate to get your work done. Yes I have had to do this before. It's hard to find good shops anymore.

·
done haulin
1,327 Posts
Did you sign any repair orders with what was wanted done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have not paid yet or signed anything. When I dropped it off I went out to the truck with the 2 shop guys to explain and also explained to the guy at the desk. They sent me a written estimate with only 1 cat so you can imagine my surprise when there was still an old one on there after I said "all new"

·
FORMER BULLET CATCHER
10,279 Posts

·
Little Member
23,794 Posts
Nothing written down, wrong parts installed and nothing paid. Nice trade. Get it and do your homework next time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok so I'll give them a chance to fix it right, if not I'll start shitting everywhere. I thought this was a reputable garage, thanks for the advice.

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
I would have driven it home.

·
I fix stuff!
13,804 Posts
so i took my fj80 to a garage to have the exhaust redone... i told 3 people how i wanted it done (new from the downpipe back with 1 cat). i stopped by to check it out today (the garage is closed but my truck was outside UNLOCKED) and it looks like shit. i mean shit. there is 1 old cat, 1 new cat (they said they would only use 1) the pipe between the muffler and cat is still original, the muffler is not a flow master like i asked and the bends on the tailpipe look like they were done with a sledgehammer. what are my options? tell them to redo it? what if they refuse? or charge me way more? say i won't pay for it? go to court? any advice would be greatly appreciated before i go down there tomorrow and see the idiots.
:(
Call my shop at 989-662-7785 and I will talk you through what you need to do.

Dave

1 - 20 of 36 Posts