Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who does good tint in the fenton area that will do my front windows and the top of my windshield?

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Just a fyi its now a moving violation which carries 2 points. Sadly i found out the hard way.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a fyi its now a moving violation which carries 2 points. Sadly i found out the hard way.
Well aware, that is why i said a "tint person WHO WILL DO my front windows" most won't.

I drove dirty for the last 2 years in my silverado with out one hiccup, after getting flash burn from welding in my stupider days my eyes are pretty sensitive to light (no doctor's note or anything) and I prefer to have my front windows tinted along with a strip across the top of my windshield.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Well aware, that is why i said a "tint person WHO WILL DO my front windows" most won't.

I drove dirty for the last 2 years in my silverado with out one hiccup, after getting flash burn from welding in my stupider days my eyes are pretty sensitive to light (no doctor's note or anything) and I prefer to have my front windows tinted along with a strip across the top of my windshield.
Rite on wasn't sure if you were aware. Same issue here with welding flash. From what i understand a dr. Note is no good either. If you dont find someone in your area go see my friend Ace at USA auto and truck in Westland. They will even tint the whole front windshield if you want .

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just want a 6" strip or so across the top, from what I understand that part's not illegal, just the front windows

·
Old School
33,042 Posts
The guy that did mine will remove it and replace for free if you get a ticket, if you feel like driving all the way to Roseville.

That is, he will do that if you aren't a dick about it.

He's the only guy I've heard of that will do a full windshield tint. His attitude is HE won't get a fine for it, YOU will, so if you are willing to take the risk, he's ok with it.

Lights Out window tinting on Gratiot north of 11 mile.

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
I know it's the wrong side of the state, but any of the tint places around Muskegon/Grand Rapids that I called when I wanted to do this would tint any window, as dark as you wanted, including the full windshield. You just had to sign a paper that you understood what the law was, and that they were not liable for any fines incurred. Good luck! What % is the rear, and what do you want on the front?
On my 2002 GTP I had 5% rear, 10% front, and got pulled over all the time.
On my 2002 Bonneville I went with a 5% on the rear, and 30% on the front.and have never had an issue in the 4 years they've been this way.
Before:

Fish bowl front:

After

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I know it's the wrong side of the state, but any of the tint places around Muskegon/Grand Rapids that I called when I wanted to do this would tint any window, as dark as you wanted, including the full windshield. You just had to sign a paper that you understood what the law was, and that they were not liable for any fines incurred. Good luck! What % is the rear, and what do you want on the front?
On my 2002 GTP I had 5% rear, 10% front, and got pulled over all the time.
On my 2002 Bonneville I went with a 5% on the rear, and 30% on the front.and have never had an issue in the 4 years they've been this way.
Be
I don't know what tint was on my silverado, but in 40k miles in the last two years I was never once pulled over. I expected to be, but wasn't.

I have no idea on what %tint is on the vehicle currently.

I've never actually paid to have windows tinted. When I bought my silverado it had all the windows tinted with a strip on the windshield. I grew to like it.

Bought a tahoe last night, I assume factory tint on the back windows, just wanted to do the front doors/windows to match.

I guess I will do some calling around today and see if someone in town will do it if i sign off on it.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guy that did mine will remove it and replace for free if you get a ticket, if you feel like driving all the way to Roseville.

That is, he will do that if you aren't a dick about it.

He's the only guy I've heard of that will do a full windshield tint. His attitude is HE won't get a fine for it, YOU will, so if you are willing to take the risk, he's ok with it.

Lights Out window tinting on Gratiot north of 11 mile.
That's a hike, I'm hoping to find something closer.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Detail express will do it....but they are in keego harbor

·
Master Cocksman
8,820 Posts
I have no idea on what %tint is on the vehicle currently.

I've never actually paid to have windows tinted. When I bought my silverado it had all the windows tinted with a strip on the windshield. I grew to like it.

Bought a tahoe last night, I assume factory tint on the back windows, just wanted to do the front doors/windows to match.

I guess I will do some calling around today and see if someone in town will do it if i sign off on it.
I looked into getting my Sierra done at the same time (front windows). They said factory tint is close to 25%. According to the guy that did mine, their experience was that if you went as one level lighter than the rear or darker is when it grabbed the attention of the PD. Also, according to him, there are cars (VW IIRC) that he said come from the factory with 50% on the front windows. His recommendation was to not go darker than the 30% on the front.

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Detail express will do it....but they are in keego harbor
:thumb: Closest suggestion so far.
I looked into getting my Sierra done at the same time (front windows). They said factory tint is close to 25%. According to the guy that did mine, their experience was that if you went as one level lighter than the rear or darker is when it grabbed the attention of the PD. Also, according to him, there are cars (VW IIRC) that he said come from the factory with 50% on the front windows. His recommendation was to not go darker than the 30% on the front.
I don't need anything other than something that matches the factory windows.

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
I know several places, but they are a distance away.

Also, I thought it was harder to tint in winter.

·
The Violator
5,070 Posts
Can't remember the name right off hand but there is a guy who runs a window tint biz out of his garage in lapeer. He's done a lot of windows for me and my family, all of them were perfect and lasted like it should. American window tinting?

·
I'll Direc your TV
8,726 Posts
Rite on wasn't sure if you were aware. Same issue here with welding flash. From what i understand a dr. Note is no good either. If you dont find someone in your area go see my friend Ace at USA auto and truck in Westland. They will even tint the whole front windshield if you want .
It's not necessarily no good, most cops will give you the pass if you have one. It just doesn't actually mean it's legal to have tinted front windows with a doctor's note.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts