Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's your experience? which one do you like best? I dont want to spend more than 100 bucks on one.

5,476 Posts
i was going to say a sawzall (milwaukee) but thats out of your range. I would check out Ryobi. I have no first hand expierence with them but my angle grinder by Ryobi has held up great over the last 3 years of non-industrial use.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can get a basic milwaukee for 119. thats close enough to 100 bucks. thats what I was planning, but there's so many out there to choose from.

·
The guy Dale doesn't know
4,182 Posts
the sawzall is one of two i have had expirience with. the sawzall is at least 15 years old. the other one was a craftsman, it lasted almost a year.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Porter Cable Tiger Saw. I've built houses (rough carpentry.) Porter Cable Saws work well and last long. I've also used Milwaukee Sawzalls. They're good too, but I'd take the Porter Cable.

·
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
3,734 Posts
I have 3, two are cordless. I break out the corded milwakee when we need important stuff cut.

·
ASSHOLE
932 Posts
Im a framer and i think milwakee recips suck ass. They have a short stroke and dont cut very fast. In the garage they rock though because of the same reason. You can make more precise cuts and they dont wanna jump around so much.
For wood the bocsch rs sereis kick ass and are tough. For metal cutting. Pipe tube fenders and shit milwakees are better. The milwakees also have all steel gears. That's theyre selling feature. In 10 yrs i have never had a prob with platic geared recips though..

·
8,046 Posts
I bought my Sawzall 17 years ago, used. I've beat the hell out of it and it refuses to die.

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
You can get a nice 10 amp dewalt for $89 at amazon.

My last Dewalt just died after 10 years of major abuse. Motor still runs but it keeps jamming.

·
Get Some
4,226 Posts
mine is a skill that i got on clearance, i have used the hell out of it for the past 2 years with no problems at all.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i was going to say a sawzall (milwaukee) but thats out of your range. I would check out Ryobi. I have no first hand expierence with them but my angle grinder by Ryobi has held up great over the last 3 years of non-industrial use.
i bought mine from home depot for 150 i would recomend that it is well worth the money you spend...i looked at alot of them and thats the best i have found for the money and the best for the the way its built

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i use mine for cutting scrap i have used it to cut a complete car up with it even through the frame and ran it almost constantly for about a hour except for to change blades and it hardly even got warm i have also used it for demolition on a house we have yet to have a problem

·
sie sehen mich rollin ...
3,316 Posts
I have a dewalt and a rigid...both :rock: but I like the rigid just a tad more cuz I dont need an allen wrench to change the blades...on the dewalt I do.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts