Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had got a bumper from him in june and at first didnt get my d-rings or frame tie ins with my bumper. I tried getting a hold of him forver until i decided to just give up on those parts. I sanded my bumper all down real good then primed it. At that time i went to line it up with my TJ and it was off by over an inch. Idk if he just made it wrong or if maybe its for a XJ or YJ........I continued to call him and email him until one day he talked to my mom and said he would do anything he could to make it right. He would mount it up on my jeep or give me a new bumper if that was wrong as well as my d-rings and brackets. He said to come up to his shop so we could get this taken care of. My jeep wasnt on the road at the time but just today my dad went to his shop with my bumper and he wasnt there. Another business next to his said he was gone b/c he didnt pay rent. At this point what can i do? Im 18 and spent over $400 on that it isnt money i have to throw away. Does anybody kno the mounting hole dimensions for a YJ and XJ so that way i could sell this bumper? Any suggestions for me?

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
Damn dood. That blows. You have lots of people in your area that could possibly help you out. I am sure you will get a plethora of suggestions in a few moments.

Good luck.

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
I would guess that youre not going to get much sympathy here with your 8 or so bumper threads asking who or what you should get. then ignoring that everyone said dont go to nates and yet you did. you got screwed and now have to live with it. sucks ass.

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
Smack pokerob with your shit bumper. It won't fix it, but you may feel better............:d:

In all honesty it is not rocket science to make something fit. A little bit of tape measure. A little bit of fire wrench. A little bit of metal. A little bit of welding. A dash of paint.........shit I'm hungry now. bbl gonna go make lunch :d:

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
I don't think an xj bumper is anywhere near the same as a wrangler bumper as far as the mounting holes. Now a tj and a yj is pretty close. I have all the dimensions and if your dad is still in the midland area have him stop by and I'll fix it for you or at least mark the proper hole locations for you. Nate is around but hard to nail down. I know the place you speak of and he is indeed not there any longer. I know where he's at but chances are he's "out" anyway. Have your dad call me at 989.284.8750 and I'll fix it. I'm 10 minutes from midland and promise me to never do business with Nate again.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
I know, almost to a fault :sonicjay: Besides, I know what its like to chase Nate around.

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
Smack pokerob with your shit bumper. It won't fix it, but you may feel better............:d:

In all honesty it is not rocket science to make something fit. A little bit of tape measure. A little bit of fire wrench. A little bit of metal. A little bit of welding. A dash of paint.........shit I'm hungry now. bbl gonna go make lunch :d:
stfu :finger: , the dude was told repeatedly not to go there. :fish:

he got fucked like everyone said he would. people all said to go JCR or ironman or tab etc.

Tab your a good man :thumb:

JUST A COUPLE POSTS FROM ONE OF HIS 8 THREADS
But you are going to buy the bumper from the above mentioned member and hope you can put a swingout on it and are going to let Nate keep your $500. But if Nate did not have your $500 you would buy a bumper from me. I think I have it straight now.

Nate is a one man operation and he is always apprently to busy to return messages, at least that is what I know about him. I do not understand how he can keep operating this way without a visit from someone's cousin Vinnie carrying a knee buster.

And the bumper you orignally got a quote on from me that you wanted for $400 or less could have now been on your Jeep and flying down the road:fish:swingout and all.

Are you being paid every time you plug nates?

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
Granted the kid got burned. (hopefully learned) But he is asking for help. If he were drowning would you help him or gently push him back under periodically allowing him to bob to the top to catch a bit of air?

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Granted the kid got burned. (hopefully learned) But he is asking for help. If he were drowning would you help him or gently push him back under periodically allowing him to bob to the top to catch a bit of air?
It depends on who it is... AJ Hall I am sure would be pushed under over and over and over... as well as others on here.

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
he is not drowning but if he was i would throw a line, jump in or otherwise help.

However if you were in a boat with sharkes swimming all around it and you told everyone you were with not to go swimming and one guy jumped in and yelled "EAT SHIT IMMORTAL I LOVE SHARKES!" wouldnt you say "hey I warned him" when he was eaten?

please go read all the bumper threads he started and was warned not to go to nates.

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
he is not drowning but if he was i would throw a line, jump in or otherwise help.

However if you were in a boat with sharkes swimming all around it and you told everyone you were with not to go swimming and one guy jumped in and yelled "EAT SHIT IMMORTAL I LOVE SHARKES!" wouldnt you say "hey I warned him" when he was eaten?
No. But I would dare someone too jump in :d:

·
******* Poser
7,971 Posts
stfu :finger: , the dude was told repeatedly not to go there. :fish:

he got fucked like everyone said he would. people all said to go JCR or ironman or tab etc.

Tab your a good man :thumb:

JUST A COUPLE POSTS FROM ONE OF HIS 8 THREADS
Thank you for including me in your awesome quote. I think I love you :naughty:

:sonicjay::sonicjay:

OP, Good luck. What you did is perhaps my biggest pet peeve. Asking people their opinion and not listening to it is insulting to say the least. Now you look like a complete moron because you got burnt.

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts

please go read all the bumper threads he started and was warned not to go to nates.
another immortal?
Yes I would warn a person of imminent doom, but.......the kid is young and apparently didn't listen and do enough research.........

Does this make him dumb? Of course it also shows his inexperience. Once he matures more with new found experience hopefully he won't be so harsh with dishing out insulting "I told you so" responses. Dood lost out on $400 bones. I think that is insulting enough. No?

·
hug life
10,197 Posts
Yes I would warn a person of imminent doom, but.......the kid is young and apparently didn't listen and do enough research.........

Does this make him dumb? Of course it also shows his inexperience. Once he matures more with new found experience hopefully he won't be so harsh with dishing out insulting "I told you so" responses. Dood lost out on $400 bones. I think that is insulting enough. No?
its cute your comming to his rescue, it really is. Your the one who compared it to him drowning, i just added the sharks :d:.

if i was closer to the kid i would help out no problem :thumb:.

Unfortunately he could have had NO problems had he gone with the recomondations he asked for in the beginning but he chose to "jump in the water with sharks" even when we all told him not to. :finger:

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,166 Posts
We have all done things against sound advice at some point in time.

Well I attempted to lighten the mood when you came down on his head feet first (yes you edited your post to soften it up some)

And yes. This thread wouldn't be here if he had listened.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I guess he will just have to make do with what he has. I haven't seen the 8 bumper threads but he did ask for it if everyone told him it would suck. I get crap all the time about my D35, and as much as I want to regear it, I won't put any money into it.
I can't say the same about other parts because with my experience with Jeep people, 1/2" steel plate is nowhere near thick enough armor for a Jeep.
On a side note, someone drove a Unimog around here which kinda makes me wonder why you would take a Unimog to the beach. Oh well. It looked like a boxtruck on steroids.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts