Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
381 - 400 of 433 Posts

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #384 ·
Well I haven't had backup lights in 15 years, so I bought a Lokar switch awhile back, I figured I would try to install it.

I bought a Rigid LED backup light harness from @UnlimitedOffroad with my Snofari Bux.

I bought some cheap Amazon LED flood lamps since I don't want to be bashing expensive LED's into trees, since I tend to back into shit.

I also bought a Carland switch to match my others... but I can't seem to figure out how to wire it into the Rigid harness as the poles/pins are different.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #385 · (Edited)
Trying to figure this out, The original switch would allow for on with reverse lights, off, and on all the time

I'm trying to wire the Carling switch the same way. Instead I get on all the time, and on all the time and off. I have not even hooked up the reverse circuit yet.

How it is currently wired:

Original Switch

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #393 ·
Got a good deal on a d60. I really wanted to get a 78/79 but @Jeepaholic says going this route will be cheaper now that people want $1200 for a axle that needs completely rebuilt.

It'll probably take awhile to get it together since I plan an air locker in it. Likely a Zip locker.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #400 ·
ummmmm in case no one has told you, that's not where it goes.

And here I thought all the smartasses left this place :sonicjay:

Gotta build out that 60 over the next few months.

Changing the brake MC today, and prepping for the 8274 the E350 MC would not quit leaking, using a Ram MC now.

381 - 400 of 433 Posts