Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an extra GL4x4 sticker, so it wound up on our wheelbarrow. :tonka: Had about 30 trees dead last fall, and we've been taking them out slowly and this is what is left. Damn thorns are a bitch though. :(

Chipper was bad ass though. :woot:

So while I'm posting, if anyone is interested in wood chips and/or firewood PM me and and come pick them up. My dad wants to bag em and throw them out because there are some leaves mixed in, but I'm sure someone will be interested.

Also, does anyone near by have a metal detector we could borrow for a day or two? :confused: We're trying to find the metal property markers that are buried in the ground, to make sure we clear only the brush and trees on our property.

·
Visiting Admin
9,065 Posts
get a real chipper next time i like the 12 inch models with the big diesels, you can just feed whole trees into them

·
The N3rd
5,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
get a real chipper next time i like the 12 inch models with the big diesels, you can just feed whole trees into them
That chipper is only the 5". Probably would have been easier with the 12" but we didn't know how much we were going to get accomplished with the rain today. Luckily it held out all day. We were chopping from 11AM til 8:30 pretty much straight. Only shut it off once to take a 30min break. A 24hr rental from Home Depot was $180. Thinking about going to Chet's-Rent-All and spend bigger bucks for the 10-12" one in a couple weeks. :thumb:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Get a bigger one........a 12" will chip a pile like that in 10 mins. At Chets you can get a 12 for about $250 maybe $300. I would recommend Chets too....their knives are always sharp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts