Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Kick Kelly in the man bits

Votes: 14 35.9%
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bored at work, the cynical side of me thinks automotive only has 10 more years left in it, Michigan weather is about as awesome as justin biebers music. The people here are lame and mostly unfit and boring.

Should I stay or should I go again.

·
Life=Short. Jeeps=Cool
4,136 Posts
Bored at work, the cynical side of me thinks automotive only has 10 more years left in it, Michigan weather is about as awesome as justin biebers music. The people here are lame and mostly unfit and boring.

Back to the south with you! Lol

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
The transportation industry isn't going to fold up in 10 years but yes, you should get out while you're still young enough to enjoy the rest of the planet. I recommend west.

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking west, I know what the south is about, it's very spotty as far as awesomeness.

Although I do miss Zaxbys, chic fil-a, boiled peanuts, and collards. And being 3-4 hrs away from the Gulf of Mexico

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The transportation industry isn't going to fold up in 10 years but yes, you should get out while you're still young enough to enjoy the rest of the planet. I recommend west.
I don't think it's going to dry up, but between electric cars and autonomous cars there are going to be very few platforms and most the work is going to resemble that of a refrigerator.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
I ate Zaxby's and thought it was gross.
We have Chic-phil-eh.

and Boeing if you want to play with airplanes

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Find a new job. I have learned more in the past 4 days than I had learned in the past 2 years where your at. That place is a black hole for talent and creativity.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,482 Posts
I won't vote because the choice has to be yours. There are several things that would impact my decision if I was in your place. Yes, I agree that making any move while you are single with no obligations is the time to make a move, but do you want to strike out and move on your own? The bottom line is what do you want out of life? If you really don't know, then what's important to you? Money, recreation, friends, weather, a specific career all play into it. If you are career minded, go where the career of your choice is. If it's a certain recreation, same answer.

If you are bored here, pick a place and relocate like you did down south. If you like it there, stay. If you don't, move. The upside is that you will get a lot of experiences and and enjoy life. The downside is that if you move all over the country, a potential employer for your dream job may see you as indecisive and unstable.

I got married at a young age and got locked into the domestic life. Although I can't bitch about my life or career, there has always been that "what if?". I've told many young people to take the chances and be adventuresome while they have the chance.

So that's my $0.02.

·
FORMER BULLET CATCHER
10,279 Posts
I lived down south for a few years, it sucked, seems like you suck too. So down south seems to be a perfect fit for you.

·
I can levitate!
9,241 Posts

You should do whatever you want. That's what I do. #singlelife

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I lived down south for a few years, it sucked, seems like you suck too. So down south seems to be a perfect fit for you.
I actually kind of liked the part of the south I was in. Worked my ass off and got paid peanuts. But there wasn't really any other job opportunities there.

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
I won't vote because the choice has to be yours. There are several things that would impact my decision if I was in your place. Yes, I agree that making any move while you are single with no obligations is the time to make a move, but do you want to strike out and move on your own? The bottom line is what do you want out of life? If you really don't know, then what's important to you? Money, recreation, friends, weather, a specific career all play into it. If you are career minded, go where the career of your choice is. If it's a certain recreation, same answer.

If you are bored here, pick a place and relocate like you did down south. If you like it there, stay. If you don't, move. The upside is that you will get a lot of experiences and and enjoy life. The downside is that if you move all over the country, a potential employer for your dream job may see you as indecisive and unstable.

I got married at a young age and got locked into the domestic life. Although I can't bitch about my life or career, there has always been that "what if?". I've told many young people to take the chances and be adventuresome while they have the chance.

So that's my $0.02.
Good stuff. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts