Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Full taste of tender
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

my pivot point hole on my shift linkage is massive! do I have the wrong linkage?

·
Full taste of tender
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
might be a bushing thats supposed to go in there ??? u left out a lil info ? T-case ? im asuming this is for your yj ? stock shifter ?

:Edit: just saw 208 in the tittle..
the tcase is in the title.

and the actual pivot point attached to my tcase housing's hole isnt big like that... they dont even come close to matching in size

·
Full taste of tender
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it was never hooked up, it was just dangling off of the shifter stick thingey directly out of the trans

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
it was never hooked up, it was just dangling off of the shifter stick thingey directly out of the trans
Yeah, that's probably the one that fits on the lever that goes through the trans tunnel. There's a section of the factory J-series lever that fits that diameter.

If you have that Suburban shifter, I don;t think you need that anymore. The rod to the case will go directly to the shifter you bought, no?

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
maybe ive got it set up wrong? do you have a picture?
No, I don't have a picture of your wrong setup. :sonicjay:

Is the part you pictured the one you have to move in order to shift the case, or is there another one it connects to that actually shifts the case?

·
Full taste of tender
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well it acts like a teeter-totter. middle hole goes on the pivot point on the tcase. then in each end goes a shifter, either from the handle or the actual tcase shifter fork thing

·
Wasn't this attached?
4,125 Posts
I hate when you go out with a girl, and then find out her hole is too big. Ugh

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
should be a bushing in there from what it looks like. I have a regular np208 non twin stick and mine has a bushing in the large hole with a big bolt going through

1 - 20 of 64 Posts