Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck started sputtering and the low fuel light came on and when I pulled over it died. I waited and it started right back up.

I went to Napa and bought some additive and filled her fulll. I was dumb ass and only had 2/8th of a tank of gas . . . yes, I know I should have filled her up.

So what now. Will have I have future injector problems or any other issues do to this?

She ran fine on the way home tonight.

I own a 7.3L Powerstroke.

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts
So what now????

Now you know to run additives in your fuel when it gets down in the single digets. Not sure on injectors, I know our semis dont have a problem after gelling, but not sure on smaller motors

·
787 Posts
You will be fine. The additive won't hurt your fuel system. I use Power Service's diesel additive in all our diesel equipment in the winter & also in my service truck & have never had any problems with it.

·
Pokerob is my B*tch!
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oops ... 1/8 :sonicjay:

Thanks for the info, I'm glad everything is going to be alright.

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
2/8ths really isn't that funny, its just not reduced..

He could have had 16/64ths of tank of diesel, same thing.

·
Wheelin the HD
7,231 Posts
2/8ths really isn't that funny, its just not reduced..

He could have had 16/64ths of tank of diesel, same thing.
The idea is that your supposed to reduce fractions as much as possible, its bad math not to, did your math teacher never teach you this? its elementary education.

As far as gelling goes isn't fuel supposed to be winterized? we don't run it in our semis at work and my uncle does not use it in his tractors, I hear if you buy fuel down south you may need it by the time you get back north...

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
shouldn't put gas in a diesel...:teehee:
:sonicjay:
The idea is that your supposed to reduce fractions as much as possible, its bad math not to, did your math teacher never teach you this? its elementary education.
Yeah and then what do you do do when you want to add them, you end up finding a common denominator. If you start getting into some discrete math, you actually don't want them reduced. But still its the same number. :finger:

·
iamfawkinwithyou
20,722 Posts

As far as gelling goes isn't fuel supposed to be winterized? we don't run it in our semis at work and my uncle does not use it in his tractors, I hear if you buy fuel down south you may need it by the time you get back north...

Priemum fuel is suppose to be winterized, but I have froze up in -5 degree weather and the truck wouldnt run, additives are just a cheap insuranse to me that it will never happen again

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
it's fine. run it

·
A.K.A. The Impact
259 Posts
hmmm...

Priemum fuel is suppose to be winterized, but I have froze up in -5 degree weather and the truck wouldnt run, additives are just a cheap insuranse to me that it will never happen again
Actually your wrong. If you own an older diesel in particular fords even up to date you should be putting a power service in it anyways(meaning year round). The D-max's you don't have to because they have a fuel and block heater. It's been colder than -5 and my buddies d-max will start every time. The older Gm's only have block heaters like yours does and premium fuel or not it will gell all day. Recommendation: Buy A D-MAX!:thumb:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts