Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
NOW IT IS FOR SALE

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=26672

Hello here are some pics of my Comanche. It is a 1988 4.0L, AW4 and NP231 with full width D44 and Ford 9inch with spools and 4.10 gears. The tires are 38.5" x 16" x 16" Bias Claws.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah forgot to mention that, it is in the midst of getting a steel mount for the tire, front and rear bumpers and rocker rails. Thanks for the comment. It is an ongoing project. I have only had the Jeep out 2 times, so I have not had any issues with the D44, but I have full spare axleshafts, u-joints, knuckles, spindles, hubs, carriers and housings haha a lot of spares but still cheaper than 60's...so far anyway. I also am in need of a rear pinion seal, you will notice the drip pan under it in one of the pics. :nana:

·
Custom User Title
8,287 Posts
It looks like you have the Baja running the wrong direction on the front of your rig. I have seen other people do that. I there an advantage to running them the other way, or are they right and I am just seeing wrong?

·
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
5,070 Posts
FlamesFearMe said:
It looks like you have the Baja running the wrong direction on the front of your rig. I have seen other people do that. I there an advantage to running them the other way?
x2

I saw someone in some pictures of a rock crawling competition too.

·
I hate people
739 Posts
alot of guys run these backwards in rock conditions, bite like a mofo, tons of traction. Nice rig, looks clean!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I run the claws backwards because they do bite like crazy on rocks, tree roots almost anything. If you have ever seen the claws this size or larger, the tread lugs are huge and they even look like they will do better running backwards. I have heard they suck in mud when the tires are backwards, well I went to mounds and I noticed no difference when I was backing up versus going forward, but then again that mud is a different breed. :sonicjay: Well any way only running them more will tell. :naughty:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.