61 - 80 of 679 Posts

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,263 Posts

·
MetroFab Customs
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
14 bolt mocked up, pushed it back about 4", might be too much because the gas tank in in the way, but we will see. I can move it on the centering pin an inch either way.

Made spring hangers

Gotta figure out what to do for shackles too, might sleeve the frame with a bushing, just gotta find some bushings.

Tire showing the stretch

clearance

I also cut the rockers off and did a small comp cut....thinking maybe a boat side...hmmm

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,263 Posts
I had a blast grinding on your massive rear!
Made for a tough 3 mile run today after all that funk settled into my lungs. :(

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
So...when's Alex gunna participate in the "Murphy" build!!!

Looks awesome Kyle..
I say clearance the fuel tank with a BFH, works almost every time.

Thatll clear the mud otta Murphy for sure.

Sent from dis stoopid fone..

·
MetroFab Customs
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

Looks awesome Kyle..
I say clearance the fuel tank with a BFH, works almost every time.

Thatll clear the mud otta Murphy for sure.

Lol, I don't think she is gonna help till its time to paint

Kyle just an FYI I have the stock gas tank skid here at the house.
Perfect, I need to make the trec over and get all the stuff from you.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
i might have some shackle bushings if you only need a couple for the frame. Let me check, might have tube for them also.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
just checked the garage, I have a few sets of bushings if you need them, no tube though.

If you think any of them will work, they're yours. There in my truck, you might be able to sweet talk Andy into swinging by and getting them for you. He's not far away.

I have some shackles too, but they're from a toyota so they are like 18mm bolts or something stupid like that. I'll throw those in too.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Tell me when n where!! Any day but tomorrow..lol gotta make sure my kid is pointed the right direction to come out da shoot!

·
MetroFab Customs
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
looks like the u-bolts were just long enough?

Yup, little extra to cut off but I'm happy, thanks Rich

Gotta make some new thicker spring plates too.

just checked the garage, I have a few sets of bushings if you need them, no tube though.

If you think any of them will work, they're yours. There in my truck, you might be able to sweet talk Andy into swinging by and getting them for you. He's not far away.

I have some shackles too, but they're from a toyota so they are like 18mm bolts or something stupid like that. I'll throw those in too.
I'll take them, I'm sure between Andy an I we can put them to good use. Thanks bud!

Tell me when n where!! Any day but tomorrow..lol gotta make sure my kid is pointed the right direction to come out da shoot!

Ok, I'll take your offer, didn't see this earlier....lol

·
Almazing
104 Posts
Like Kyle said I'm not too worried about being involved in this process. He is in charge of performance and I am in charge of appearance. I have nothing put faith in him that he will build me something great........because if its not up to my standards he knows darn well I will make him drive it and take over his truck.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
U sure u dont wanna try ur hand at cutting, grinding, n welding...ya never know, its addicting. Besides, im sure Kyle ed love ta see ya in leathers and a welding lid...:p

·
Almazing
104 Posts
I may give it a try someday but usually when Kyle is in the garage he already has an assistant. Ivy might be upset if I weasel in on her daddy time:)

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,263 Posts
:(
I miss daddy.

61 - 80 of 679 Posts