Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

621 - 640 of 679 Posts

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,634 Posts
That was Heidis climb. It was overgrown, nobody had driven yet during loonie. Pretty much directly across from the bottom of outback.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
That was Heidis climb. It was overgrown, nobody had driven yet during loonie. Pretty much directly across from the bottom of outback.
Gotcha. I had planned to run it but never got around to it. We hit several spots where we seemed to have first tracks.
FYI the dollar bill climb at Outback, I walked, hardly spun a tire. Some stuff was super easy this year, other stuff - predictably challenging. Always a good time. :thumb:

·
MetroFab Customs
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #628
Talks of a trip to the badlands first weekend of November if anyone is interested

·
MetroFab Customs
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #631
New motor mounts on the way, these are a little whooped.... #beefysleftovers

Replaced the broken switch panel that got taken out by a rock at loonie. This one seems pretty fancy for the price tag, we'll see.

Then finished fixing the bent rim that was leaking in Canada, cleaned it up good and decided to slap rubber cement in the bead, maybe I'm onto something.

Lastly, cam sensors work best if you have them plugged in. I had mine plugged in, but it wasn't the right plug lol, figured that out yesterday. Found the correct plug just hanging out and plugged it in. No more cam code, and hopefully that fixes the hard start.

#makingbuildthreadsgreatagain

·
MetroFab Customs
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #632
Built a new tierod tonight, ditched the bent tierods for rod ends, little bit nicer setup.

I also need to sort out my springs, all my springs are leftovers and aren't right, but they work. This is turning into an obsession again, I've been fighting the urge to spend money on it.

·
welfare wheeler
6,990 Posts
Then finished fixing the bent rim that was leaking in Canada, cleaned it up good and decided to slap rubber cement in the bead, maybe I'm onto something.
next time try roof flashing tar!
i ran 3 to 4psi in my 14x42 iroks on 7" wide rims,
no beadlocks, never burped air.

i did tear a valve stem off once though.

·
MetroFab Customs
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #638
Definitely earning her name.... She's not a looker but hopefully she's a runner.

Think I need to check the nitrogen in the shocks or maybe adjust the rear coilovers preload because it's sagging a little bit, but she's ready to go for the badlands next weekend.

·
MetroFab Customs
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #640
That's a bummer, but have fun! I'd like to travel to other places like that one day.

Bringing my daughter Ivy with me, she hasn't stopped talking about it yet. I'd like to bring her on more trips like this.

621 - 640 of 679 Posts