Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 679 Posts

·
MetroFab Customs
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my next build, 86 B2. It's rough, but I'm gonna save it for my wife and kids to ride in.

Plans are to remove old lift and axles, remove body lift, install full width 44 and 8.8, 4.88 gears and lockers, simple leafs and coils with extended and heimed radius arms. Gonna stretch it to about 100" wheel base. Wanting to run a 37" or so tire. And going to build custom bumpers, sliders and maybe a simple interior cage.

Progress should start this weekend.

·
MetroFab Customs
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I'm going to fix up the body, swap the old front clip on and do a custom paint job of my wifes choosing.

·
i like jungle gym's.
10,920 Posts
Please keep the thornbirds.

·
Jackstand Wheeler
1,114 Posts
Old front clip as in EB front clip?

x2 on the 'birds...

·
Where's your loyalty lie?
7,764 Posts
I love how you make sure you let everyone know you're not responsible for whatever crazy paint job I come up with:)
I imagine long hair on ones side, shaved on the other, maybe some red or purple splashed in for good measure.:teehee::finger:

·
MetroFab Customs
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please keep the thornbirds.
After thinking about it, I don't think I want my wife to wheel with such a bad ass tire, it may put her in places she shouldn't be. I'll have to save them and ease her into they type of wheeling a thornbird can offer:thumb:

At least it has a badass front bumper!
I'm not keeping it, Gary wanted to keep it.

I love how you make sure you let everyone know you're not responsible for whatever crazy paint job I come up with:)
I'm not taking any off the blame for the crazy style you have :sonicjay:

You should come buy my 86. I'll make ya a deal on the rig I spent all my high school money on lol
No thanks, not in the budget.

·
It's got a HEMI!
6,563 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Almazing
104 Posts
I imagine long hair on ones side, shaved on the other, maybe some red or purple splashed in for good measure.:teehee::finger:
Oh Al, you crack me up. If you didn't just name my truck for me I would probably have to kick you in the balls!!!!!!

·
It's got a HEMI!
6,563 Posts
What size are the birds?

·
FAWK YEAH!!
22,635 Posts
Lets see thru the archives what I can find....

I orignally purchased the b2 from a friend for $75, he bought it from a dealer he worked at for $1. The dealer couldn't figure out what was causing it to run poor (it was the TFI Module). He wheeled it stock, as did I for awhile. I eventually added leafs to the rear, 90's f150 2wd coil springs in the front and a 3" Body Lift to clear 33x12.50.

I dd'd it for awhile, then trail rigged it till I bought my first explorer. At which point it became a bear swamp toy exclusively for 2 yrs getting the shit kicked out of it. I never changed out the D28 or the 7.5" but I did weld both sets of spiders. I managed to keep the front end together pretty well considering 33's and a d28 welded up. I then sold it to nd4spd71 who trail rig'd it for a spell before I ended up buying it back recently. Then when I started doing the buggy I let it go to Kyle M.

First motor I grenaded in it..

I have more pics, I'll have to dig around on the home comp.

1 - 20 of 679 Posts