Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
<3's Ridin' Dirty
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Muffler shop in or around Clarkston that can re clamp my tail pipe real quick.

Anyone you know, trust and want to refer me to?

Thanks!

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to ask for them to weld it?

·
535 Posts
Corner of Clarkston Rd. and M15. I here they do good work. Ive never been there though I usually do most of my own work.

·
<3's Ridin' Dirty
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. Unless it is bangin around and really needs a hanger.
The hanger is fine, its the clamp from the muffler to the tail pipe. The person that hung it exhaust did have the tail pipe deep enough or the clamp tight enough, so it rattled out.

·
Young Gun..!
2,977 Posts
I would stay away from the shop on the corner of clarkston and M15
you might =

go to muffler man on dixie and road that the water/bmx park is off of..(scott lake maybe) i dont remember

·
Infidel
492 Posts
I would stay away from the shop on the corner of clarkston and M15
you might =

go to muffler man on dixie and road that the water/bmx park is off of..(scott lake maybe) i dont remember
x2 the crackheads at Clarkston muffler could surely screw that up. Muffler Man on Dixie does good work.

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
x2 on Muffler Man or

I've had good luck with Barry's Ace Maintenance on Foley Rd off of Andersonville where Montey's used to be. They're in the phone book and inexpensive.

·
<3's Ridin' Dirty
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
x2 the crackheads at Clarkston muffler could surely screw that up. Muffler Man on Dixie does good work.
Funny you say that...I called to ask them some questions and I am pretty sure the mush mouth that answered the phone was slobbin' some nob. Real classy joint...I wont be taking my truck there. I didn't even NEED to see the picture.

·
<3's Ridin' Dirty
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
x2 on Muffler Man or

I've had good luck with Barry's Ace Maintenance on Foley Rd off of Andersonville where Montey's used to be. They're in the phone book and inexpensive.
Looks like I will go to a muffler man or give BAM a shot, Now that you mention it, I think I have heard good things about that place before.

Thanks!

·
<3's Ridin' Dirty
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stopped over to B.A.M last night on my way home from work. I always like to support the local mom and pop shops and I will definately go back again. If anyone is looking for exhaust work I would recommend B.A.M without Hesitation.

Ryan, I tried to let him know that you refered me over there, but I don't know your last name or any of the other vehicles you drive. When I told him Ryan from Great Lakes 4X4, he thought I was talking about Ryan White that Owned RBR Offroad. Anyway, it's his impression that the local 4x4 folks are a good bunch of people. So, next time you are over there maybe you can clear that up ;)

They have a cute boxer puppy to keep you company while you wait. Her name, of course, is Bam Bam.

·
Recovering XJ owner
5,620 Posts
Ryan, I tried to let him know that you refered me over there, but I don't know your last name or any of the other vehicles you drive. When I told him Ryan from Great Lakes 4X4, he thought I was talking about Ryan White that Owned RBR Offroad. Anyway, it's his impression that the local 4x4 folks are a good bunch of people. So, next time you are over there maybe you can clear that up ;)
LOL, I will ... seeing how there's is no RBR.

He mistaken me for the other Ryan when I was there too. :confused: Maybe because Ryan has like nine rigs he just assumed my XJ belonged to him too. :teehee:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts