Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
Hehehehe:sonicjay:
Every time muddinguy goes wheelin he breaks somthing trying to pull some one out. I just found that funny. Kinda sucks for him but funny.
Fucking jeeps :stan: (it was a jeep both times..) ive had this truck out about 6 times now.. last 2 times have broken from pulling someone out.. Time for an upgrade i think

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
when you are pulling, are you pulling from the front and going backwards? Or are you pulling from the back and going forward??
pulled from front this time.. pulled from back last time.. last time was a combo of things.. spider gear exploded due to one wheel spinning very fastly and diff was low on fluid.. then the force when i went to yank XJmichigan out blew it out..

Today i just lightly gave it the juice in 4 lo and the upper mount snapped off.. Not to bad to fix. just make a different style mount from better metal that bolts to the case where it splits instead of casted into the case..

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
Yea, if you think about it, as he backs up it also winds the slack out of the strap real fast and then helps pull the vehicle so you get double the pulling power. You know, like gear reduction.
sometimes ill jack the truck up with the HI lift and just winch em out using that method

·
Happy,happy,joy,joy
2,901 Posts
Next time hook it to the tierod its stronger :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,266 Posts
uhh.... yeah ... people have weird ways of pulling people out!

just like a new wrangler pulling people unstuck from test hill... would pull them out, than contiune to pull them ALL THE WAY DOwn the HILL!

·
Gnarley Davidson
3,520 Posts
the best way to not break while tugging someone out is to just hold the strap out the window with ur left arm and back up really fast till u lose the slack and just floor it.

·
81 inches of fun
14,299 Posts
If you are breaking that much crap pulling people you, you need to stop, step back, and learn the proper way to do recovery.

IE with a snatch strap DO NOT back up damn near to the stuck vehicle and then pedal down to try to pull them out, that is guaranteed breakage. If you cannot get it with some hard tugs, either start daisy chaining rigs, or winch, or start digging.

uhh.... yeah ... people have weird ways of pulling people out!

just like a new wrangler pulling people unstuck from test hill... would pull them out, than contiune to pull them ALL THE WAY DOwn the HILL!
Thats a safety thing, if you stop on the backside no one on the front side can see your flag, so you continue down the hill. You can stop and unhook earlier if you have a spotter at the top though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.