Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
It's an addiction
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a set of MTZ's on a heavy truck. I'm going to need a set of tires soon and really like the MTZ's but not sure how they will wear on a heavy truck like mine. It is an 03 F-250. How many miles can I expect to get out of the tires? Most of the miles on them would be highway towing. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
had a truck in the shop with them on a dodge ext cab short box lifted.... it was wearing them pretty damn good... custom said they were about 7 months old when i got the truck in the shop....its not as heavy as your rig but mt seems to use softer rubber...as far as i know these only come in radials so give it a try... but micky thompson is just paying for a name in my mind..

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm running a set on my 3/4 ton dodge cummings. Put on around 15k so far. they seem to be wearing pretty well with the tread half gone. I hope to get another 15 out of them.
they ride great and are very quiet for an agressive tire. traction is very good and the tire cleans out well. I would buy them again.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try Toyo M-55. These are the only MT style tire I've ever used. I transferred these from my 3/4 cummins 4x4 when I sold it to my 4Runnner. Lasted about 70K miles (45 on Cummins, and 25 on 4Runner). Would have gone more, but I sold the 4Runner.

Hard rubber. Easy balance. Pretty quiet on road. A lot of mining / logging trucks use these. Downside is that they're pricey - about $270 each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts