Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Not as old as Whiterhino
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mounds Rock Crawl construction commences as soon as it dries out a bit. The contractor was there on Friday but it rained so much this weekend he may have to wait a bit before getting the big equipment out there.
But IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

One additional clarification:
The Mound will continue there regulary scheduled hours. NO CLOSING ON SUNDAYS as was reported on 'some other unidentified' forums.

If anyone gets out there and see's the construction actually starting, please post it up.

jim-kb8ymf

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Great news! Not getting ahead of myself (or the start and completion of this), thanks to those people who have made this happen.

·
Member since 1994
3,167 Posts
:bdr2::rock::bdr2:

AWESOME News Jim!

THANK YOU for all of your diligent work on this issue!

·
I think I can make it!!!!
2,315 Posts
That is awesome. I will actually have to go check it out now!:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

·
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
8,589 Posts
Mounds Rock Crawl construction commences as soon as it dries out a bit. The contractor was there on Friday but it rained so much this weekend he may have to wait a bit before getting the big equipment out there.
But IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

One additional clarification:
The Mound will continue there regulary scheduled hours. NO CLOSING ON SUNDAYS as was reported on 'some other unidentified' forums.

If anyone gets out there and see's the construction actually starting, please post it up.

jim-kb8ymf
Thanks for clearing that up , to much :blah::blah: to know whats going on i think the other site dont like Jeepers out there on Sundays :confused:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Awesome news! I assume the contractor wants to get it done ASAP to maximize profits or is there some screwy timetable which will drag it out forever?

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Excellent! Glad to see it is starting to progress. Thank you to those who have worked on this.

www.yogispiggig.com

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
Glad to see this is getting done!!

Now, if they can just fill in a few of the tractor tire ruts while they are there :thumb:

(I have nothing against deep water/mud, but when most holes are so torn up that the majority of trucks can't go play in them without risk of hydrolocking, its going to drop attendance at the place..)

·
SwampStomper
615 Posts
Great news! Not getting ahead of myself (or the start and completion of this), thanks to those people who have made this happen.
x a billion, thanks to Jim and everyone else that made this happen, I know a lot of support has gone into this.
You guys are awesome.​

·
Covered in mud...
17,916 Posts
Here's the pic of the finished product. I heard it's all done today. Budget cutbacks, ya know.
Yeah, but the cool thing is that rock moves on its own accord, so the course is different every time :nana:

·
Not as old as Whiterhino
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome news! I assume the contractor wants to get it done ASAP to maximize profits or is there some screwy timetable which will drag it out forever?
My presumption is that the contractor doesn't want this to drag out to the winter months. Winter work is tougher and more costly.
Once I determine the contractor is there, I'll probably pay them a visit.
Expect there to be some closing off of the field and surrounding areas. Based on general landscape siltation/erosion prevention measures, I'd expect there to be silt fences 360* around the construction. Probably pretty goofy considering what's going on there but those are the rules.
As far as what the scope of the project is........don't have a clue. The whole project can't be done with the money that's been appropriated so subsequent DNR Grants will be required to complete. The complete project is probably 3+ years from completion. I assume it will be done in stages and opened as each one is complete. Stay tuned for updates as we are made aware of them.
jim-kb8ymf

·
Floor Shift Maddness!
1,372 Posts
great news Jim!

maybe my SAS will be done in the next 3 years!

·
Not as old as Whiterhino
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
great news Jim!

maybe my SAS will be done in the next 3 years!
So you'll be the LAST one on the rocks! :poke:
I'm expecting the first phase to be done before this winter. Hopefully on the granite/limestone before the first snow flys!
jim-kb8ymf

1 - 20 of 27 Posts