Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Not as old as Whiterhino
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word I have today is that the bulldozer is arriving now with anticipated completion date of October 1st. Just 'WHAT' is done in October still remains a mystery but hopefully we'll get more information once the construction company gets on site and we can actually talk to them.
Please post your pictures of the construction if your at the Mounds and are able to get a few pictures of the progress.
jim-kb8ymf

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,067 Posts
Word I have today is that the bulldozer is arriving now with anticipated completion date of October 1st. Just 'WHAT' is done in October still remains a mystery but hopefully we'll get more information once the construction company gets on site and we can actually talk to them.
Please post your pictures of the construction if your at the Mounds and are able to get a few pictures of the progress.
jim-kb8ymf
Guy a t the mounds said the small course will be done this yr, but they are dumb asses so who knows.

·
Not as old as Whiterhino
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guy a t the mounds said the small course will be done this yr, but they are dumb asses so who knows.
That's the EXACT thing I was trying to prevent. Hopefully the fallout of reducing the initial phase isn't to build three beginner courses instead of one of each.

I have a picture of the progress I think.

Theres a bunch of stones in the parking lot, let me find my camera.
I would hope not. Material delivery is destined to come in off Vassar Road as it's the closest point to the course construction.

jim-kb8ymf

·
Lumbermonkey/pedalpusher
973 Posts
Most of the west side of the parking lot was full of stone piles when I was there. The area that I saw that they had been working on was at the end of the powerline trail,on the west side of the first field you come to. Is that where on of the courses is going?

·
Not as old as Whiterhino
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Most of the west side of the parking lot was full of stone piles when I was there. The area that I saw that they had been working on was at the end of the powerline trail,on the west side of the first field you come to. Is that where on of the courses is going?
The powerline on the east side is being relocated 50' or so westward. Right in the middle of the soupy stuff along the tracks. That's probably what the rocks were for, fill. The course is going to be built in the open field that's been closed off for years. It's the big field right at the end of the big mud trough everyone plays in. Plans were posted in an earlier thread here.

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=66664

jim-kb8ymf

·
broken
5,093 Posts
:nana::nana::nana:

1 - 20 of 199 Posts