Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm staying at a friends in Fenton over the weekend and will try to make it to the Mounds on Sunday. Anyone else planning on heading that way? I'm a newbie and have never been there and would like to have someone show me around and show me what not to do. Also looking at meeting a few people along the way if possible.

·
propane evangelist
798 Posts
I might be there.... but first thing not to do is drive through the water holes in the first sand/scramble area.... unless you want everyone to stop and laugh. Every time I'm at the mounds there's somebody hydrolocked in the first scramble area. People evidently think the best way to check how deep a hole is is to drive through it (may be applicable to some areas of life, but not off-roading...)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I try to stay out of any water/mud hole until I see at least one person try it first so I can judge how deep it really is. I've seen people do the same thing at Silver Lake because they want to show everyone how great they are.

·
rack tap re-rack click
13,502 Posts
I'm staying at a friends in Fenton over the weekend and will try to make it to the Mounds on Sunday. Anyone else planning on heading that way? I'm a newbie and have never been there and would like to have someone show me around and show me what not to do. Also looking at meeting a few people along the way if possible.

I'm heading there Sunday around 4-4:30 and I'm leaving from Fenton if you want to tag along just PM me your number and I'll give you a call. So far we have two TJ's in my group...both stock, and both can go anywhere we want to go in that park. I'd be happy to show you around..

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
Well my other plans may have fallen through (going on the lake with the girlfriends friends from work... which i did NOT want to do :nana: ) :tonka:

So it looks like we may make it up this afternoon I hope!

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
I have had my DD there a few times. Last time I ended up on a quad trail. It was fun! Top of the hill, turn, bottom of the hill, turn, repeat. If I didn't have my rear locker I don't think I would have got out of there.

Might get down there Sunday.

·
done haulin
1,327 Posts
I'll be there monday with a few quads. Anybody else going on monday??

·
Home Sweet Homicide
3,685 Posts
Might be getting a couple others to go now.:woot:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Is there another place to park a tow rig w/trailer when the parking area by the gate is full?

·
propane evangelist
798 Posts
Is there another place to park a tow rig w/trailer when the parking area by the gate is full?
yes. you can park across Mt Morriss road at the fairground area, and sometimes they have the front parking lot open by the mounds main entrance (haven't seen that in a while though.)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts