Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
Can you help me understand this pic??? It seems like there is a tow strap on his frame rail and someone else is going to yank them sideways... is that correct???
iwas wondering the same thing :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Street Doc
120 Posts
No lol that was my jeep inbetween the 2 ruts I was teetering between the Front bumper and the rear wheel my front tire was off the ground we put the strap there to keep me from Rolling over I had to drop my rearend into the ditch and was a very steep angle, the driver side tires where both off the ground. NO sideways pullage lol.

·
Uggh
5,044 Posts
No lol that was my jeep inbetween the 2 ruts I was teetering between the Front bumper and the rear wheel my front tire was off the ground we put the strap there to keep me from Rolling over I had to drop my rearend into the ditch and was a very steep angle, the driver side tires where both off the ground. NO sideways pullage lol.
next time put the strap around the sportcage thing you will get better leverage
the way you hooked it would not have done squat if you started to roll over

·
Premium Member
14,639 Posts
Dont be such a pussy....it would have just flopped, not rolled

·
Brian R.
2,093 Posts
Man I am glad I didnt try that hole the big TJ got sunk in!! I drove past it twice when I was out by myself and thought about going thru it.

Where are the vids I was hearing about? I heard they were of some bad a$$ truck.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the video of him stuck in the big rut I have a few videos I will post up. The new little xj that could didn't get help once yesterday but then again thats probably my amazing driving skills at 19 years of age LOL j/k.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts

·
rack tap re-rack click
13,502 Posts
Question about this pic. Is that strap really wrapped around the tie rod? or does it just look that way?
I don't think it was wrapped around the tie-rod..however I don't think the Jeep that was stuck in that pic will last very long judging by the way that guy was driving it...lets just say its either WFO or nothing!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I don't think it was wrapped around the tie-rod..however I don't think the Jeep that was stuck in that pic will last very long judging by the way that guy was driving it...lets just say its either WFO or nothing!
Yeah, he was nuts!!! It is a 2004 that he bought a week before and he tore up the Mounds pretty good in it. He had as much mud on him as my oldest boy riding his dirtbike through the 3 foot puddles.

·
rack tap re-rack click
13,502 Posts
Yeah, he was nuts!!! It is a 2004 that he bought a week before and he tore up the Mounds pretty good in it. He had as much mud on him as my oldest boy riding his dirtbike through the 3 foot puddles.
No kidding...I bet that Jeep smells like a bag of ass's that has been lit on fire then pissed on to put the flames out after soaking up all that swamp, I mean sewer water....I felt alot better about mine after seeing him drive like that. I figured, shit if that thing can take that kind of abuse, mine should last forever the way i drive it!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts