Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

What do I do with the "extra" computer?

• Call them and tell them they screwed up.

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Leave it in the box and see if they call/charge me.

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Wheel it.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Kick Cube in the Junk. (I don't know Cube, it just seems to be SOP)

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
More boost than yours:)
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the parents needed a new computer so I ordered one from buy.com and used a google checkout. It's a simple HP business box with XP Pro and a relatively mild build sheet. All it'll ever get used for is internet and an occasional dvd anyway.
Well, I came home for the weekend and saw that they had delivered 2 computers. So far I have only been charged for one. I'm wondering, what your opinions are about what to do with this extra compy.

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
Inform Buy.com you purchased "A" computer and they sent computer"S"

His name is Karma and I hear he can be a real dick if you piss him off.

·
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I prefer to think of Karma as a gentle woman . . . at least she's been pretty good to me so far . . . lol.

·
Semper Fidelis
4,541 Posts
their fault. not yours. Karma can be played here, but you could also keep it for a few and see if they come after you. Don't break the seal on the box. For a week or two.

·
Not Right!
1,472 Posts
their fault. not yours. Karma can be played here, but you could also keep it for a few and see if they come after you. Don't break the seal on the box. For a week or two.
Strong morally sound answer right there:sonicjay::sonicjay:

·
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seal is already broken because my little brother thought it was a monitor or something when it showed up.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I don't believe they have the legal right to bill you for the second machine honestly. Phone companies get away with it because there is a service attached, but what you got is a classic store mistake. Not different than a cashier not scanning an item in your cart before you go out the door. If they catch it I'm sure they'll try to play to your moral side or browbeat you to pay for it or return it though. If they charge your card a second time I would call the CC company and contest the charge.

·
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
I'll buy it from you.

send it back, how would you feel if it was yours?
I take it you mean, "how would you feel if you ordered something and never got it?"

I'd call them and prove that nothing was ever received.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
meh send it back.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
with big companies like that I've had similar things happen and they say "our bad...you win" in that case you were morally correct and you win.

If they want it back ship it collect or have them send you the shipping tag.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts