Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
Those big [email protected] are scary when they're roaring right in front of you. I've seen them at Berlin doing wicked donuts right in front of the crowd. He stopped perfectly, but the thought crossed my mind of what would happen if he screwed up. I'm surprised no one died in that Illinois one.

·
6'-5" 209LB 16YR LEFTWING
15,745 Posts
Was the Promoter manning the external kill switch sleeping? Those things are tethered electronically, and are supposed to be shut down remotely when cases like this happen.

·
HURL SCOUTS
10,007 Posts
terrible and I hope all recover but someone f'ed up with the kill control

·
Playing Possum
6,751 Posts
Was the Promoter manning the external kill switch sleeping? Those things are tethered electronically, and are supposed to be shut down remotely when cases like this happen.
That's what I was thinking. You can see the throttle is wide open after the landing. I thought those switches were deadman too. If whoever has it doesn't keep his thumb on the trigger, it shuts the truck off?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
That is the crappiest video ever. I bet that truck didn't even have the remote shutdown system. Where do monster trucks drive on the street? Probably just some promo event.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was a promo for NAPA on a shut down city street. What a crappy paint job for a modern monster truck. Can't NAPA afford better :poke:

Hope the kid and mom are alright I like the "safe" shows in the stadiums don't want to see those go away.

Send lawyers guns and money.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Those systems are used by the USHRA (sanctioning body for Monster Jam), but I doubt this guy would have access to a system like that. It sounds like this wasn't really an 'event', so much as a stunt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts