Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buzz everyone and see about any good experiences in Moab.
Where should i go wheeling?
Where can i camp?
What shouldn't i do?
Are you jealous?

That kind of stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Moab is great! Nothing like it, I've been out there 3 times. We already made reservations for next year.

I would run Hell's Revenge, Metal Masher, Steel Bender, Cliff Hanger, Golden Spike, Moab Rim just for starters.

You have to eat a Zak's Pizza and the Moab Dinner!

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
How many days are you planning? Do the slickrock, hell's revenge, maybe porcupine rim / la sal mtn range and Arches Nat Park is sweet. There are several legal turn offs in the park where you can wheel back off the paved road to see cool stuff.

Been there three times but never in a vehicle. Once on a mtn bike, and twice on dirt bikes.

On the west side of town are some other famous trails but we didn't have time to do both east and west.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Go ahead and if your Jeep) not broke by now, do the Shafer trail, that has a little pucker power to it too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great place to wheel... campin' at any of the BLM campgrounds is cheap, you shouldn't have any problems with crowds that time of year. I was there this past April right after jeep week and it was a zoo. Also there June and it was freakin' hot, 115 on trail. If your campin and want to do a backcountry trip run BeefBasin Rd into the south entrance for the Needles then out on Elephant Hill. We did that this summer and it was a blast. If interested I have GPS for that trip. Also Lockhart Basin is a great overnight trip. For eats ZAK's wood fired pizza is good as well as Pasta J's... If you want a local to wheel with I have a buddy that we stay with who lives there. It's amazing what the locals can crawl up in their rigs. I rode with him one day and he scared the shit out of me. Anyway, if you want more specific info PM me...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pic from Beef Basiin/Elephant Hill... it was interesting to say the least fully loaded...

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

IMG_0292.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I was just there in July....But only had my Grand Cherokee...I am planning a winter build of my YJ and will go back in June or July next year.

HUM_Dis......You have a PM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts