Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
o boy, Ive heard of regular, black, and blue. Nevar heard o green
just the step under blue. in order it is red, black, green, blue.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
so is it a single malt or a blend? I still have a bit of speyburn and some oban in the cabinet. I really need to get another bottle of cragganmore.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
so is it a single malt or a blend? I still have a bit of speyburn and some oban in the cabinet. I really need to get another bottle of cragganmore.

All of the Walker's are blends.

·
Stick it up your ass
3,071 Posts
I thought so, but wasn't sure - I attended a JW scotch etiquette class a few years ago. about 50% o the peeps showed, so me and a few other guise made short work of the extras. :d:
:teehee: learned a lot huh?

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm making short work of this bottle. Glad it was left here by my bosses previous roomate and it isn't my bill I'm blowing through (ok so I've been pullin off it for the past month). I drank like 5 jwb's saturday and felt almost nothing. I'm on #2 tonight and have a hefty buzZ.

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought so, but wasn't sure - I attended a JW scotch etiquette class a few years ago. about 50% o the peeps showed, so me and a few other guise made short work of the extras. :d:
Is it ok that I'm adding cold water due to the fact I have no ice? I feel as if I'm doing something very wrong.

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some of us can't afford $200 a bottle or $20 a glass. I guess ill stick to drinling this $100 a bottle garbage :rolleyes: I havet tried blue yet but from what I've heard its beyond oaky.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
Is it ok that I'm adding cold water due to the fact I have no ice? I feel as if I'm doing something very wrong.
You can water your scotch, but do it in stages and make sure to take in the aroma after adding just a splash. In fact, try a few drops at first and stick yer nose in it, good smells.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
:teehee: learned a lot huh?
The hostess / guide was hot and after I learned enough, I had a few more. :)

It was pretty neat - they had four 2 oz. flutes set up at each seat. they were a few of the malts that are mixed in their blends and a couple of blends. After the second setting I drank, I was high as a kite.

·
You call, we haul.
1,509 Posts
Scooter, did you go to the JW event at the Max Fisher Theater in Detroit? I went to one of those a couple of years ago, and it sounds just like what you've described.

I enjoy JW as often as I can. Have a bottle each of red and black sitting up in the cabinet right now. I had a bottle of green (pure malt) last New Years, but it didn't survive the evening. I really love Blue, but can't justify throwing down $200 for a bottle that very few people know how to really enjoy.

Saw some too-rich trust fund brat out in Novi order a JW Blue and Coke one night. Even the bartender looked like she wanted to slap the hell out of him.

In any regards, the Duty Free shop is usually a good place to pick up a bottle of the higher end stuff. I think it saves you upwards of $40 a bottle. If I remember right, the Green Label I bought was around $47-57 and the Blue is around $170-80ish.

Has anyone ever tried JW Gold Label? That's the only one I've never had, and from what I remember, they didn't even have it at the tasting event.

·
Haggard Fab
11,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I thought gold was new.

I can never find anything higher than black label other than at city vu hotel in holland and there $20 a glass blue.

·
Postal Scrambler
807 Posts
Saw some too-rich trust fund brat out in Novi order a JW Blue and Coke one night. Even the bartender looked like she wanted to slap the hell out of him.
ACK! She should have refused to do it on principle... holy crap.

Never had green. Got the remnants of a bottle of Gold sitting in a decanter in the dining room. Been working on it for a couple years.

I've had blue a couple of times. One was at a fundraiser night hosted at the Havana Club above the Ruth's Chris in Baltimore by the Ravens. I got to shoot two games of pool with my brother, Michael Jackson (the wide receiver, not the pedophile) and Siragusa while smoking a Cohibas and sipping Blue Label, all for free :rock:.

That was an incredible night.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.