Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

41 - 60 of 1613 Posts

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
why the YJ slip yoke? is it longer or somethin?
yeah a little longerbut nothing to measure and it has a wider mouth on it for better degrees on the driveshaft angle. But I got it because didn't think my
2wd slipyoke would work in my 231 tc I'm trying to swap in but it works and is same lenghth as the yj one is, so yeah now have extra one, oh well.

As you can see 2wd DS and a 4wd DS and the yj yoke in upper right hand corner.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yeah a little longerbut nothing to measure and it has a wider mouth on it for better degrees on the driveshaft angle. But I got it because didn't think my
2wd slipyoke would work in my 231 tc I'm trying to swap in but it works and is same lenghth as the yj one is, so yeah now have extra one, oh well.

As you can see 2wd DS and a 4wd DS and the yj yoke in upper right hand corner.
does that wider mouth make a difference?

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·

·
"The Situation"
14,415 Posts
just a precaution for dumfucks like me that don't know how to make a stright and even flare.:stan:
ahhhh.. for future reference.. Flairs are easy a shit so 90% of the time even a retard can do it right with a decent flairing tool.. and when u do em just reef the shit outa them tightening down it down make the flair seat even when its not perfect

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Hows that RK lift working for you. I hear alot of negative, but they look like great quality.
Well thus far it's great. haven't had to many chanses to really flex her out, but she hasn't failed me yet. Rides great on the highway, smooth even at 95mph. Just need to replace that stock steering.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Hows that RK lift working for you. I hear alot of negative, but they look like great quality.
RK gets alot of crap in every group of Jeeps except for XJs, there aren't alot of problems with their XJ line, they seem to screw everything else up though.

Although you weren't asking, I love my RK 3-link as well.

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Well driveshaft is getting cut down and rewelded for proper length, Sweetness! Have it by noon tomorrow. I'm having it done up a Cooper Machine and Welding Incorporated in Muskegon, MI. (616) 773- 5400 Good guy there, was booked up and leaving early tomorrow but said he be sure to have it done for me by noon. Post pics of it once I get it installed.

41 - 60 of 1613 Posts