Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Boost Withdrawl
2,706 Posts
It was prolly relegated to the back lot behind a bunch of anonymous f-bodies like my Shelby Lancer was (my nice one, not the one in the f/s section). ohs well.

·
Just The Spouse's spouse
1,885 Posts
They're only about 21 yrs old, aren't they? Still not a 25yr old classic yet.

·
Boost Withdrawl
2,706 Posts
They're only about 21 yrs old, aren't they? Still not a 25yr old classic yet.
IMO, age doesn't make it a classic.

Some cars that some people really want to see are not that old. Mine is one of 800 numbered cars for instance. The kids especially think that car is neat when the turbo is whistling.

·
I own @ halo
1,128 Posts

Some cars that some people really want to see are not that old. Mine is one of 800 numbered cars for instance. The kids especially think that car is neat when the turbo is whistling.
I was just kidding. My truck wont be a "classic" when it's a hundred years old. It will just be really old.

·
3,835 Posts

Actually age does make it a classic. There are many shows out there that ic ouldnt get into because my car was not 25 years old yet. If your car was made on 1982 or before. Than its 25 years old or older. and then its officially a classic. My 1982 Pontiac Trans Am just became a classic this year. :)

·
NO RELIGION WAT!
28,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This thread is not about classics. It is about the conquest tsi. Everyone that I have seen in Detroit seem to be fubar, but running.

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
same out here. I have seen tons of them going the lawn orniment suffle

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
I'm thinkin' of buying a Plymouth Arrow and swapping a 360 into. (Yeah, somewhat total hijack, but not in my mind because every time I think of the Conquest I think of swapping a La Mopar in one)

·
Boost Withdrawl
2,706 Posts
Actually age does make it a classic. There are many shows out there that ic ouldnt get into because my car was not 25 years old yet. If your car was made on 1982 or before. Than its 25 years old or older. and then its officially a classic. My 1982 Pontiac Trans Am just became a classic this year. :)
IMO = in my opinion. You have yours.

The Conquests time will come, the Muscle cars were derelict DD's in the 70s/early 80s.

My dad had a 69 Charger RT/SE 440 with a exec speced bench seat. DDed it in the late 70s then sold it for only a few grand in 78 or so to a collector. Its prolly worth 50k+ now.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
IMO = in my opinion. You have yours.

The Conquests time will come, the Muscle cars were derelict DD's in the 70s/early 80s.

My dad had a 69 Charger RT/SE 440 with a exec speced bench seat. DDed it in the late 70s then sold it for only a few grand in 78 or so to a collector. Its prolly worth 50k+ now.
This is incredibly faulty reasoning.

Muscle Cars had an incredibly strong following when they were new, and in the early '80's, while they were comparatively inexpensive, thay still had a very strong following. As much as I love the early MoPar and Mistsu turbocars, they were fringe cars when new, and won't ever command top dollar. The cars that were envied and sought after when new by the teens and 20-somethings when new are the ones that go for big bucks when those kids get to middle age and have the disposable income to get whet they want. I can even make a case for the DiamondStar autos of the 90's, but I just don't see that happening for the '80s MoPars, sorry.

·
Go lil yellow Roobicon...
1,960 Posts
This is incredibly faulty reasoning.

Muscle Cars had an incredibly strong following when they were new, and in the early '80's, while they were comparatively inexpensive, thay still had a very strong following. As much as I love the early MoPar and Mistsu turbocars, they were fringe cars when new, and won't ever command top dollar. The cars that were envied and sought after when new by the teens and 20-somethings when new are the ones that go for big bucks when those kids get to middle age and have the disposable income to get whet they want. I can even make a case for the DiamondStar autos of the 90's, but I just don't see that happening for the '80s MoPars, sorry.
Yep crap is crap. The conquest TSI is about .05% better than a Renault Fuego. At least the Shelby stuff had some ass to back up it's unreliability, but Mopar spent much of the eighties trying not to fold up.

·
Boost Withdrawl
2,706 Posts
Hey, we like the fact (mostly) that people think they are crap - keeps them cheap for us, lol. I DDed them for a long time, never left me stranded and cheap to maintain. Got looks from the girls driving a red turbo droptop too :)

As far as pricing - the upward trend has already started. I just sold my SL for $4500, paid $2500. Its not nearly mint.

A turbo woody Town and Country Lebaron sold for $12000 at BJs. That was wierd tho...

We find that most of the percieved "unreliability" is due to owners not knowing a shit about turbo cars, and dealers being completely clueless about them as well. Too much technology for too many stupid people.

·
Eye candy
10,044 Posts
I saw a Starion.

not really but you can imagine

1 - 20 of 22 Posts